Sign in with
Your question

Can Pentium 4 support Ssd Hard disk

Last response: in Storage
July 1, 2012 9:13:23 AM

Hello, I've a Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.7 GHz with 896 MB SDR Ram. Can I upgrade to A SSD Hard Disk. At the moment it is using IDE cabling. Another question can I clone the present 20 GB hard Disk to the SSD Hard Disk?

Thanks you, the community for your help.

With Best Regards,

July 1, 2012 9:54:30 AM

what os are you using? if it is windows you have to find out if the p4 can run windows 7, not all p4's can run 7. later versions have the instruction sets, but most dont
m
l
Related resources
a b G Storage
July 1, 2012 11:08:56 AM

why would you want to do this? even modern high end rigs don't really need them. the CPU/system is your problem. not the harddrive
m
l
July 1, 2012 12:25:00 PM

unksol said:
why would you want to do this? even modern high end rigs don't really need them. the CPU/system is your problem. not the harddrive

I have a pretty good rig here and i will never go back to a reg. hard drive for my os. Its night and day, and with ssd coming down so much in price why wouldn't you want one for your os?
m
l
a b G Storage
July 1, 2012 12:43:56 PM

Not with that motherboard without buying adapters. Overall, considering the age of that system, I would highly recommend saving the money towards a new system first before updating your current one with a SSD.
m
l
!