Added 'user' now boot-up takes forever

I'm using a Toshiba Satellite Pro running Windows XP. I had it running as
'Administrator' with no other users set up and all was running well. I
decided to add a couple of user accounts to the system which I did but now
it takes 6 or 7 minutes to boot up where it used to boot in under a minute,
I've tried deleting the 'users' but it still takes forever, I can't get it
back to the way it was. I've also lost my wireless link to my Linksys access
point, it keeps 'looking for a connection' but can't find one. Any one know
what might have happened to my system?

Try R.clicking my computer,properties,advanced,start-up/recovery,the small
scroll window should have "fast detect" listed in the text,if not
edit,delete the
text w/o fast detect listed.You can/could also go to google.com,search,type:
BootVis Locate a 3rd party for its download and run it.This microsoft
software
speeds up boot time.