Sign in with
Your question

Random shutdown

Last response: in Components
July 21, 2010 11:23:51 PM

Lately I've been having these "Random shutdowns". Where i'll be playing a game and poof its gone. It all started when after school was over i got a job went to stay and my dads house and haven't been able to play my computer at all for about a month. So one day i drive back and decide to play MW2 and it shuts down after about an hour or 2 i try again this time maybe an hour or so passed then i got a blue screen not sure what it said though. Then i try cod 4 and same thing happens.Please help. System specs:
OS-windows 7 64
RAM- OCZ gold 1333 3x2
VGA- GTX 285
PSU- Diablotek 900 watt (shitty i know i think it might be the problem)
MOBO-XFX X58i
CPU- Core i7 930 2.8ghz

UPDATE: it only seems to happen on the call of duty engine i can play TF2, CSS, DOD:S without any problems

More about : random shutdown

a b ) Power supply
July 22, 2010 12:20:01 AM

Diablotek RPM?
If so, there's you problem, It can barely output 400W.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 22, 2010 12:37:26 AM

Diablotek is amongst the worst computer hardware companies I've ever come across. Return it for credit if you can and buy a psu that can give out what says it can.
m
l
Related resources
July 23, 2010 3:40:55 AM

Yea. I'll probably just ending up on buying a 1000watt or so cause I'll probably going to buy a gtx 480 or 2. But i still don't understand why only COD games cause the shutdown because like i said i tested the the games i listed about an hour each with no problems, but not only that i played TF2 for like 3-4 hours.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 23, 2010 3:53:54 AM

Be sure its not another generic/bad PSU.

Stick with Corsair/Silverstone/Seasonic/XFX/Seventeam/Antec/Enermax/PC P&C, Topower/BFG/Kingwin/Nexux/ABS/Xion(the 1000W) are alright too.
m
l
July 24, 2010 4:39:15 AM

Timop said:
Be sure its not another generic/bad PSU.

Stick with Corsair/Silverstone/Seasonic/XFX/Seventeam/Antec/Enermax/PC P&C, Topower/BFG/Kingwin/Nexux/ABS/Xion(the 1000W) are alright too.

Yeah after this experience I'll be sure to stick to the known brands.
m
l
!