Random shutdown

Lately I've been having these "Random shutdowns". Where i'll be playing a game and poof its gone. It all started when after school was over i got a job went to stay and my dads house and haven't been able to play my computer at all for about a month. So one day i drive back and decide to play MW2 and it shuts down after about an hour or 2 i try again this time maybe an hour or so passed then i got a blue screen not sure what it said though. Then i try cod 4 and same thing happens.Please help. System specs:
OS-windows 7 64
RAM- OCZ gold 1333 3x2
VGA- GTX 285
PSU- Diablotek 900 watt (shitty i know i think it might be the problem)
MOBO-XFX X58i
CPU- Core i7 930 2.8ghz

UPDATE: it only seems to happen on the call of duty engine i can play TF2, CSS, DOD:S without any problems
6 answers Last reply
More about random shutdown
  1. Diablotek RPM?
    If so, there's you problem, It can barely output 400W.
  2. Diablotek is amongst the worst computer hardware companies I've ever come across. Return it for credit if you can and buy a psu that can give out what says it can.
  3. Yea. I'll probably just ending up on buying a 1000watt or so cause I'll probably going to buy a gtx 480 or 2. But i still don't understand why only COD games cause the shutdown because like i said i tested the the games i listed about an hour each with no problems, but not only that i played TF2 for like 3-4 hours.
  4. Be sure its not another generic/bad PSU.

Stick with Corsair/Silverstone/Seasonic/XFX/Seventeam/Antec/Enermax/PC P&C, Topower/BFG/Kingwin/Nexux/ABS/Xion(the 1000W) are alright too.
  5. Timop said:
    Be sure its not another generic/bad PSU.

Stick with Corsair/Silverstone/Seasonic/XFX/Seventeam/Antec/Enermax/PC P&C, Topower/BFG/Kingwin/Nexux/ABS/Xion(the 1000W) are alright too.

Yeah after this experience I'll be sure to stick to the known brands.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Random Shutdown Components Product