Sign in with
Your question

HP Inkjet wont uninstall

Last response: in Components
July 21, 2010 11:58:16 PM

The reader will be quick to see that I don't know much about what I am doing, however I know that I need some serious help. I have a HP Business Inkjet 1200d. It has the habit of the color streaking after I clean my registry. I always uninstall, run the scrubber and re-install using latest firmware and driver which has always solved the problem. This time I did not get a full install and when I try to uninstall I get the warning: "Runtime Error (No error #) program:…ckard\hp business inkjet 1200 series\Installer\setup.exe". So I have a faulty installation that I cannot uninstall. I ran the HP Diagnostic which provided no answer. What I want to do is do a clean install while upgrading to Windows 7. Question: Is there a way that I can do a thorough delete of this program including what ever is necessary in the registry in order to not re-install the problem? I am backed up on Carbonite and an external HDD.
HP has ignored two email enquiries for help and one guy who was supposed to be a HP expert said that it was out of his area of expertise. I appreciate any help that I can get. PMs are welcome.

Intel e6600 Core 2 Duo @ 2.4 GHz
ASUS P5Q Pro
OCZ Reaper 2X2GB DDR2 800 (PC 6400)
EVGA GeForce 8800GTS 640 MB
WD 250GB GB SATA II
Windows XP home

More about : inkjet wont uninstall

July 22, 2010 3:25:43 AM

My suggestion, use a third party uninstaller software like Revo or Cleanse uninstaller. They also clean registry traces and leftover files on the hard drive, if any.

But if the program is not shown in the list, try to go to the program files or root directory. Delete the installation folder manually.

Use a AIO software like TuneUp Utilities to clean the hard drive from junk files, unused shortcuts, broken registries, etc. The 1-click maintenance feature would do just fine.

Be careful with registry cleaner softwares, since they sometimes also deleted functioning registries. Always backup your registry before any cleaning.

Hope this helps
m
l
!