Sign in with
Your question

*Urgent* PC will NOT Boot/Beep

Last response: in Motherboards
February 3, 2011 2:09:50 AM

Hey guys, my gateway system was working flawlessly in the past however today, it all of a sudden would not boot up. It used to fail boot once, (status LEDs come on, but no beep/no video) and a simple hard reset would fix it to boot up, but then I'd need to change the date/time settings in Windows 7. However, as stated previously, now it will NOT boot up at all. I power on, the Hardrive, CPU, and other fans do begin to run. I get no Beeps or LEDs. I have tried reconnecting things, booting with/without my graphics card installed, and various other things throughout the day to try to fix it. It was purchased *Refurbished* about a month ago, and worked fine then. I contacted Revonate, the refurbisher/manufacturer, and they said it would still be covered in the 90 day limited warranty, which is a good thing. I did one backup with Windows Backup the day before an a different hardrive, and I plan on having a friend over to just copy everything on Gateway C: over to his external hardrive as another backup as well. So as far as backups go, I do have a lot of important things, but they should pretty much be covered. If I cannot find a fix here, within a week I'll probably ship it out. So with all that being said, any suggestions on a possible fix?

PS: Mods, I'm not sure if this is the right section, feel free to move it if not.

Thanks in advance. :) 

More about : urgent boot beep

February 3, 2011 2:14:25 AM

Also srry i forgot my specs, I thought it'd show up in my sig. anyways:

Gateway DX4320-02e
AMD Phenom II X4 820 2.8Ghz
6GB Kingston DDR3 1333Mhz
640GB Western Digital Caviar Blue 7200RPM
eVGA GT240 512MB DDR5 Superclocked Edition

And I have NOT made any modifications to the BIOS or anything like that.
February 4, 2011 12:26:45 AM

Typically don't like to "bump" on forums, but anybody?
!