Questions about reformatting my HDD

Anonymous_26

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
I had a question fior you guys. I have a gaming computer I built with two drives in it. One is an SSD with the OS and drivers installed on it. The other is a 1TB HDD with the games installed. What I wanted to know is if you have a virus on the SSD will reformatting and doing a fresh install of Windows 7 on the SSD get rid of any viruses that a AV program doesn't pick up on?

If the virus has managed to get on the hdd than you would need to clean that as well. A restore point may be an easier solution otherwise a good av scan should work too. If the av program didn't pick it up then you shouldn't be using such an awful program.

Anonymous_26

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
Well I'm using Avast and Malwarebytes, Avast for viruses and of course Malwarebytes for malware Trojans and backdoor root kits. I did have 2 verses and no malware. Avast found them quickly and put them in quarantine however I still feel the computer is not right. I don't know if the virus corrupted something like the registry or drivers or something. I guess a virus can do enough damage that even after it’s gone the damage was done.

TRENDING THREADS