ASUS does not care,So do I..........

liao24hoho

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
I just checked ASUS website and found they are still massively advertising P67 boards,maybe P67 has built up a large portion of ASUS business and ASUS is reluctant to give up.

P67 sabertooth seems to have two additional sata3 ports so 4 are ready to go,4 is good for me.

One last thing is that if we can get replacement from ASUS when the new boards come out (actually i dont care it very much).

one more thing,I bought Cosair Vengeance 1600MHZ RAM,which has a tall heatsink and I am going to buy Cooler Master 212,which is a large CPU cooler.Do they fit on the Sabertooth board,I saw there is only a small distance between the ram socket and the cup socket.

Cosair Vengeance
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233144&cm_re=Cosair_Vengeance-_-20-233-144-_-Product

Cooler Master 212
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065

Last concern is whether there will be 2600K and sabertooth after 1 month when I get the money from my parents,since Intel and Asus has stopped production..

liao24hoho

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
excerpted from ASUS:

For motherboards, we’ve confirmed with Intel® that the Cougar Point design error does not affect SATA ports 0 and 1. Additionally, ASUS has been a pioneer in including extra SATA 3Gb/s and SATA 6Gb/s ports beyond Intel® specifications on a wide range of motherboards. These ports are not affected by this design error, offering customers an option for uninterrupted computing. However, we’re also offering you the option of returning any possibly affected motherboard for a swap or sales return. All warranties for affected motherboards will be reset to give you enough time to carry out any exchanges.

so now we have two other ports available,only two defective..
and hope ASUS will not stop their production!!!!!!!!

The manual includes a diagram of all the connectors on the motherboard. There should be a copy of the manual on the CD that came with the mobo; you can also see them on the Asus site. Go to the page for your board, click on the Download tab (I think), and download the manual in the language of your choice.

That's wierd because Gigabyte says they are taking back ALL boards, including non working boards.