Sign in with
Your question

Inspiron B120 Wireless Driver not compatible

Last response: in Windows XP
February 4, 2013 6:19:41 PM

I have a fresh install of XP on a Dell B120 Laptop and I cannot get the Wireless card Driver to work. I downloaded the driver from the Dell site using my service tag. No Joy.
February 5, 2013 4:08:19 AM

start programs dell wireless?
m
l
Related resources
February 6, 2013 2:24:55 AM

ktownmike said:
start programs dell wireless?

It isn't a "Dell" Win XP install. Just a clean WinXP. I Found the correct driver (R102320.exe) for Dell Wireless 1370 at Drivers.informer.

Thanks any how.
m
l
September 18, 2013 11:26:12 PM

I had this same problem when one of my hard drives died in my old Dell Inspiron B120. You can actually use the driver from the Dell website, but it's got a weird glitch in it where it will tell you that it isn't able to find any compatible hardware and will exit. BUT, it is wrong.

The correct driver is included in the self-extracting file named R94827_ZPE.exe. It has a really long name and is listed under the Network tab. It starts with "Dell Wireless 1350 WLAN..." and covers the Wireless 1370 WLAN card.

Run the self-extracting file, it will create a folder under "C:\dell\drivers\4X7C1\", extract, attempt to run and fail. Then, pull up your device manager, go to Other Devices, Network Controller, Reinstall driver, and make sure to tell it to look in the "4X7C1" folder.
m
l
March 17, 2014 10:49:01 PM

KilgoreCemetery said:
I had this same problem when one of my hard drives died in my old Dell Inspiron B120. You can actually use the driver from the Dell website, but it's got a weird glitch in it where it will tell you that it isn't able to find any compatible hardware and will exit. BUT, it is wrong.

The correct driver is included in the self-extracting file named R94827_ZPE.exe. It has a really long name and is listed under the Network tab. It starts with "Dell Wireless 1350 WLAN..." and covers the Wireless 1370 WLAN card.

Run the self-extracting file, it will create a folder under "C:\dell\drivers\4X7C1\", extract, attempt to run and fail. Then, pull up your device manager, go to Other Devices, Network Controller, Reinstall driver, and make sure to tell it to look in the "4X7C1" folder.

I was in the exact same situation as OP. Followed KilgoreCemetery's instucions exactly. This worked for me. Thanks!
m
l
!