Sign in with
Your question
Closed

40" 1080p not display the 1920 x 1080 correctly

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 16, 2010 9:22:21 AM

Hello I just got my 40 " HDTV at the beginning of this week. I got a 25 ft HDMI cable so I can run my computer on to my tv. At the beginning every thing was running right. But some how there is this half inch of black screen around my desktop while I have my computer running on it. This hasn't happen before. I noticed it when I was watching a video on hulu. Early I was watching hulu and the desktop was going from edge to edge. On a not, every other resolution will go to edge to edge.. even 800 x 600.

The only time i messed with the setting was after I noticed this. Also my tv is 1080p. Video card supports it.

Just a rap up:

While I set my desktop resloution to 1920 x 1080 while on my HDTV. Around the desktop, there about a half inch of black space. All other resolutions go to edge to edge. Every thing should play nice.

MY HDTV
http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/tv-video/televisions/led-tv/UN40C5000QFXZA/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail

MY VIDEO CARD
http://www.diamondmm.com/4670PE31GHP.php
April 16, 2010 10:29:34 AM

Hey there,

go to CCC>graphics>desktop and displays>please select a display>click on black triangle for LCD (not HDTV)>configure>attributes>scale image to full panel size

Hope this helps.
Score
April 16, 2010 5:35:56 PM

I can't find the scale image to full panel size. I have a 19 " screen but its not the one giving me trouble. So wouldn't I do it on the HDTV? The max res on my 19 " is 1280 x 1024. I have tried only having the HDTV plugged in still doesn't work right.

So yea I can't find the configure on the down arrow, I have properties but when I go there still no scale image to full panel size.

EDIT:

I found it, sorry.

Also I fixed it doing a different way. I went to scaling options, moved the bar into the mouse cursor was at the edge of the screen.

Thank you, for your help.
Score
Related resources
April 16, 2010 5:42:59 PM

Hey there,

On your HDTV remote there should be an option to scale your image size. Look in your menu. I think the options are 4:3, 16:9, 16:10 and Original.

If that doesn't work, I think your 19" is the limiting factor here. ie, your HDTV will provide 1280x1024 max. Hence the black borders.

As an experiment, can you disconnect your LCD and see what res you get on your HDTV?
Score
April 17, 2010 5:57:49 AM

hunuok said:
Hey there,

On your HDTV remote there should be an option to scale your image size. Look in your menu. I think the options are 4:3, 16:9, 16:10 and Original.

If that doesn't work, I think your 19" is the limiting factor here. ie, your HDTV will provide 1280x1024 max. Hence the black borders.

As an experiment, can you disconnect your LCD and see what res you get on your HDTV?

Its not that. I have a older Samsung 40" HDTV and it does the same thing. Even if you change the aspect or scaling it does it. I think its specifically just because its a PC connection.

Mine still played Blu-Ray at full 1080P and even my games at 1920x1080 even when I had my 1280x1024 monitor connected at the same time.
Score
April 17, 2010 6:11:34 AM

Thanks for that.
Score

Best solution

May 31, 2010 11:09:24 AM

I Had This Exact same problem. For some stupid reason the ATI drivers have a default setting your screen's scaling options
underscale to 15% giving you the big black border around you resolution. just reset it to 0% overscan

To Get rid of this Madness Go.

CATALYST Control Center \ Graphics \ Desktop & Displays\

then click the black Triangle in the Bottom left hand corner. then select Configure

once in configure select the tab named Scaling Options. and Slide the bar to 0%

hope it works for you buddy :p  i was about to rage quit
because i just got a new LED 24' Screen and couldn't give it justice
September 16, 2010 10:43:22 AM

I also have had a problem with displaying 1920 x 1080 signals on HDTV's...
When I sent the signal to my friends 42" Philips TV it runs off the edges of the screen. When I start moving the resolution to lower resolutions it just gets smaller on the screen... till... I get to 1360 x 768 then it jumps back to filling the whole screen.
I can get my 1920x1080 signal to display but i have to use the Intel graphics accelerator medis driver program to scale down the size by 35% horizontaly and 50% verticaly...

To me this would say that the TV does not actually display a 1080p signal... but maybe has a go at processing it the incoming signal.

Unless its the signal my laptop is putting out... but then if a computer cant display a resolution, it wont!

Personnaly I think that since the day wide screen first came out... we have always had settings on our TV's which dont fit right on the screen and either we put up with having black lines on the edges, missing parts of the picture or having the picture squashed!
Score
September 16, 2010 11:20:38 AM

and it also chops part of the picture off my PS3 too
Score
September 23, 2010 12:25:21 AM

Best answer selected by jdog1089.
Score
September 23, 2010 12:26:05 AM

Blaggsta said:
I also have had a problem with displaying 1920 x 1080 signals on HDTV's...
When I sent the signal to my friends 42" Philips TV it runs off the edges of the screen. When I start moving the resolution to lower resolutions it just gets smaller on the screen... till... I get to 1360 x 768 then it jumps back to filling the whole screen.
I can get my 1920x1080 signal to display but i have to use the Intel graphics accelerator medis driver program to scale down the size by 35% horizontaly and 50% verticaly...

To me this would say that the TV does not actually display a 1080p signal... but maybe has a go at processing it the incoming signal.

Unless its the signal my laptop is putting out... but then if a computer cant display a resolution, it wont!

Personnaly I think that since the day wide screen first came out... we have always had settings on our TV's which dont fit right on the screen and either we put up with having black lines on the edges, missing parts of the picture or having the picture squashed!

I would check your tv than. I got it to work for me. And my xbox 360 plays very well.
Score
September 23, 2010 12:28:19 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!