Sign in with
Your question

3rd Hard drive installation

Last response: in Storage
July 1, 2012 10:51:36 PM

Just picked up a new system and was trying to add another sata hard drive. But only as a slave.

It's not showing up under MY Computer.

It is showing up in my BIOS however. In Disk Management it see's something with a yellow yield sign for DISK 2 - Dynamic - Foreign.

I do have data on this and don't really want to format it. It use to belong to a 32 Bit operating system Win7homebasic but my new system is 64 bit Home Premium if that makes it any different to work...

Any advice would be appreciated.
a c 129 G Storage
July 2, 2012 12:04:01 AM

under disk managment you should just have to add a drive letter for the drive to be seen. with a sata drive make sure you dont have any jumpers on the drive..there not needed like an ide drive.
m
l
July 2, 2012 12:32:11 AM

smorizio said:
under disk managment you should just have to add a drive letter for the drive to be seen. with a sata drive make sure you dont have any jumpers on the drive..there not needed like an ide drive.

I have no jumpers as its a SATA drive. Cannot seem to figure out how to just add a drive letter for this drive. What's with the Yellow yield symbol?
Could it have to do with how I connect to the motherboard. A sequence? Raid Config?
m
l
!