Toshiba Satellite 1415-S173 Cd-ROM drive removal

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
October 4, 2004 1:03:13 PM

Anybody knows how to remove the CD-ROm drive?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 6, 2004 1:03:04 PM

My brother uses an very old Toshiba Satellite.
I changed the CD Rom Drive to a CD Burning Drive 2 years ago. I think
the actual satellites still have an esily removeable Harddisk and a
built in not removeable CD Drive.

So I presume you have to seperate your Notebook to take out your CD
Rom. It is indeed possible if you take your time and be very careful.
Every slimline CD/DVD burner should work.

In our case an issue occured: The Burning Rom was not bootable. But
this was the case with a machine that was sold years ago (win 98!) ,
with the younger VAIO (win 2000) everything worked fine.
!