• Connectivity
  • Laptops
  • Routers
  • Connection
  • Linksys
  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
May 18, 2010 2:25:32 PM

Hello,earlier this morning i was able to use the internet, but when i came back this afternoon, turned on the laptop and the router, there was no connection already. But if i plug it directly the wire to my laptop i can see that theres a connection. Whats wrong with my linksys router? I noticed that the light on the WLAN portion is off.

More about : linksys router problems

a b D Laptop
May 18, 2010 4:32:25 PM

McRoni said:
Hello,earlier this morning i was able to use the internet, but when i came back this afternoon, turned on the laptop and the router, there was no connection already. But if i plug it directly the wire to my laptop i can see that theres a connection. Whats wrong with my linksys router? I noticed that the light on the WLAN portion is off.

Could you have inadvertently turned off the wireless switch on the laptop? The orange light on the router will remain orange if there's nothing for it with which to exchange data.

m
l
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 18, 2010 5:35:23 PM

The router wireless light will remain on as long as the router's wireless section is working. Sounds like wireless may have failed, but start by turning off the router and leaving it for a minute or so, then plugging it in again.

If wireless light is still out after the router's all booted (can take a minute or so), go into the router's setup screen via an ethernet cable and your browser (see literature which came with router to remind yourself how).

Once in check that wireless is enabled.
m
l
!