Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Ok eddited builf and final build what u think?

Last response: in Systems
Share
May 17, 2010 7:48:27 PM

SAMSUNG 24x DVD Burner - Bulk SATA Model SH-S243N/BEBS - OEM $24.99

Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case $169.99

Corsair P256 CMFSSD-256GBG2D 2.5" 256GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) $689.00

XFX HD-597A-CNB9 Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition 2GB 512 (256 x 2)-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support (2 @ $1,439.98) $719.99 each

Antec TPQ-850 850W Continuous Power ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active $144.99

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL $644.99

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive (free with the ram) $0.00

DFI LP UT X58-T3eH8 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard $279.99

Intel Core i7-930 Bloomfield 2.8GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Model BX80601930 $288.99

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM $174.99

grand total of $3,881.34 after shipping and tax


so am i missing anything or could i get something better for a cheeper price or not much more or great as is?
May 17, 2010 8:07:31 PM

I have one question about those 5970's.

WHY?

Get a 470gtx or two three screen with possibly 3d setup and you'll get a weaker system (who cares they're both more than good enough) which will be the colest thing on earth.
m
0
l
May 17, 2010 8:40:16 PM

Quote:
AMD/ATI has made available an early “preview” version of their new Catalyst 10.3 driver for download for both Desktop and Mobile users with Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating systems. The official Catalyst 10.3 driver WHQL-ed is due in a few days or to be more exact on 24th and it should not be much different than this one, just supposedly more stable and problem free. Besides the normal updates resulting issues being fixed and some performance improvement in Catalyst 10.3a there are also some improvements that will be interesting to Eyefinity users (anyone out there actually taking advantage of Eyefinity yet?). But probably what is the most interesting in this new driver release is the introduction of official Stereoscopic 3D support for 120Hz displays and shutter glasses on driver level…

ATI Catalyst support for 3D Stereoscopic glasses
AMD has updated it’s Direct3D (Quad buffer support) driver to enable 3rd party middleware vendors such as iZ3D to output stereo L/R images at 120 Hz (60 Hz per eye)

But don’t be too happy yet, as the above quote just says that ATI has introduced some new functionality to make it easier for other companies such as iZ3D and DDD to implement shutter glasses support in their products so that when they are combined with new ATI hardware and the new 10.3 driver (or later) the users will be able to play games in stereoscopic 3D mode with a 120Hz LCD monitor and a set of supported shutter glasses. Both iZ3D and DDD still haven’t announced when they will actually add this support in their products and the supported shutter glasses produced by Bit Cauldron will most likely not hit the market before summer time. So you’ll have to wait some more time before actually being able to play with active shutter glasses on ATI hardware…
hmmm 3d and eyeyfinity

but here are a few switches

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... specilly made for the antec full towers

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... usb 3.0 and sata iii and a good all round board but i'd look into these 2 as well
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

rather get 2 sets of these

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

or

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
Related resources
May 18, 2010 4:04:20 PM

obsidian86 said:
Quote:
AMD/ATI has made available an early “preview” version of their new Catalyst 10.3 driver for download for both Desktop and Mobile users with Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating systems. The official Catalyst 10.3 driver WHQL-ed is due in a few days or to be more exact on 24th and it should not be much different than this one, just supposedly more stable and problem free. Besides the normal updates resulting issues being fixed and some performance improvement in Catalyst 10.3a there are also some improvements that will be interesting to Eyefinity users (anyone out there actually taking advantage of Eyefinity yet?). But probably what is the most interesting in this new driver release is the introduction of official Stereoscopic 3D support for 120Hz displays and shutter glasses on driver level…

ATI Catalyst support for 3D Stereoscopic glasses
AMD has updated it’s Direct3D (Quad buffer support) driver to enable 3rd party middleware vendors such as iZ3D to output stereo L/R images at 120 Hz (60 Hz per eye)

But don’t be too happy yet, as the above quote just says that ATI has introduced some new functionality to make it easier for other companies such as iZ3D and DDD to implement shutter glasses support in their products so that when they are combined with new ATI hardware and the new 10.3 driver (or later) the users will be able to play games in stereoscopic 3D mode with a 120Hz LCD monitor and a set of supported shutter glasses. Both iZ3D and DDD still haven’t announced when they will actually add this support in their products and the supported shutter glasses produced by Bit Cauldron will most likely not hit the market before summer time. So you’ll have to wait some more time before actually being able to play with active shutter glasses on ATI hardware…
hmmm 3d and eyeyfinity

but here are a few switches

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... specilly made for the antec full towers

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... usb 3.0 and sata iii and a good all round board but i'd look into these 2 as well
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

rather get 2 sets of these

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

or

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...



about the psu ive heard the 1000w will mess the wires in ur home if not good enough is that true?

and the mobo ive never used asus or anything else but dfi im fond of my dfi lanpary p35 dark and witch mobo do u think would be the best i dont need the two ethernet ports and i want really good cooling as so maby i wont have to w/c the sb and nb. the GIGABYTE board seemes real nice for cooling.

and final the ram i want to run triple channel still and y do you say 2 sets of thoes insted of the gameing ram i have?
m
0
l
May 18, 2010 4:07:54 PM

Somebody_007 said:
I have one question about those 5970's.

WHY?

Get a 470gtx or two three screen with possibly 3d setup and you'll get a weaker system (who cares they're both more than good enough) which will be the colest thing on earth.


ur reply confuses me it sounds like u want me to get a weker system o.O maby u could explane what u meen for me......
m
0
l
May 18, 2010 4:12:41 PM

shawnlove said:
ur reply confuses me it sounds like u want me to get a weker system o.O maby u could explane what u meen for me......


Well 2 5970's is insanely expensive and quite useless. Two 470's is more than powerfull enough. And the money you save you can use towards a 3screen 3d setup.
m
0
l
May 18, 2010 4:20:48 PM

Somebody_007 said:
Well 2 5970's is insanely expensive and quite useless. Two 470's is more than powerfull enough. And the money you save you can use towards a 3screen 3d setup.


well this system ashures me for a wile with no upgrade to the gpu only cpu
m
0
l
May 18, 2010 4:29:09 PM

I think you seriously underestimate 2 470's. Or overestimate the effectiveness of quadfiring 5870's.

You lose quite some power when you quadfire you know
m
0
l
May 18, 2010 4:31:10 PM

Somebody_007 said:
I think you seriously underestimate 2 470's. Or overestimate the effectiveness of quadfiring 5870's.

You lose quite some power when you quadfire you know


loose power?
m
0
l
May 18, 2010 4:35:37 PM

quadfire is 4 cards i only want 2 and benchmarks show 2 5870's are better then anything foor now
m
0
l
May 18, 2010 4:41:17 PM

shawnlove said:
loose power?


Somebody_007 said:
I think you seriously underestimate 2 470's. Or overestimate the effectiveness of quadfiring 5870's.

You lose quite some power when you quadfire you know


watch this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV-g7fDRz_I i think not
m
0
l
May 18, 2010 4:49:51 PM

I mean lose power as in 4X5870 isn't four times as good as 1 5870

that is a loss of around 5-10percent I find that pretty sicnificant. if you don't then no problem there.
m
0
l
May 18, 2010 4:53:06 PM

ohh and two 5970 is the same as 4 5870's btw. They're just two gpu's in each card.
m
0
l
May 18, 2010 5:08:56 PM

shawnlove said:
SAMSUNG 24x DVD Burner - Bulk SATA Model SH-S243N/BEBS - OEM $24.99

Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case $169.99

Corsair P256 CMFSSD-256GBG2D 2.5" 256GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) $689.00

XFX HD-597A-CNB9 Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition 2GB 512 (256 x 2)-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support (2 @ $1,439.98) $719.99 each

Antec TPQ-850 850W Continuous Power ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active $144.99

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL $644.99

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive (free with the ram) $0.00

DFI LP UT X58-T3eH8 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard $279.99

Intel Core i7-930 Bloomfield 2.8GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Model BX80601930 $288.99

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM $174.99

grand total of $3,881.34 after shipping and tax


so am i missing anything or could i get something better for a cheeper price or not much more or great as is?



also im adding:
DD-5870 Water Block 2@ $74.95 each

MPC-CPU - i7 Nehalem/1366 Block $42.95

Black Ice GTX480 $132.95

DD12V-D5 Pump Fixed Speed by Laing $80.95


Logisys Dual-Ring Cold Cathode Fluorescent Fan - 120mm (BLUE CCFL, CLEAR Fan) 4@ $10.95 thats the main parts not the tube etc may change in time total of build should be arounf $4,500
m
0
l
May 18, 2010 5:12:18 PM

3dmark06 tends to disagree with you
http://hwbot.org/community/submission/1004756_hicookie_...
http://hwbot.org/community/submission/987832_andreyang_...
http://hwbot.org/community/submission/972583_nickshih_3...
http://hwbot.org/community/submission/1000586_elmor_3dm...
http://hwbot.org/community/submission/988989_dakara_3dm...

current top 5 in the world

1000 watts doesn really mess with you home wiring since your averge 15amp beaker can carry up to 1500 watts safely but your pc wont be running at full load all the time if you pc needs only 700 watts your power supply will only provide the needed 700 watts if no matter what capable size power supply so if you have an 850 watt power supply or a 4000 watt power supply they both will provide only the power needed

that cp 1000 is one of the best antec has at a great price
m
0
l
May 18, 2010 5:13:54 PM

obsidian86 said:
3dmark06 tends to disagree with you
http://hwbot.org/community/submission/1004756_hicookie_...
http://hwbot.org/community/submission/987832_andreyang_...
http://hwbot.org/community/submission/972583_nickshih_3...
http://hwbot.org/community/submission/1000586_elmor_3dm...
http://hwbot.org/community/submission/988989_dakara_3dm...

current top 5 in the world

1000 watts doesn really mess with you home wiring since your averge 15 beaker can carry up to 1500 watts safely but your pc wont be running at full load all the time if you pc needs only 700 watts your power supply will only provide the needed 700 watts if no matter what capable size power supply so if you have an 850 watt power supply or a 4000 watt power supply they both will provide only the power needed

that cp 1000 is one of the best antec has at a great price



ok thaks i changed the psu but the mobo? i kinda like the asus the red one
m
0
l
May 18, 2010 5:19:22 PM

also y the other ram?
m
0
l
May 18, 2010 5:29:13 PM

the other ram is faster if you look at the specs

G.SKILL PI Series 6GB

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Speed DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Cas Latency 7 <this is the main determining factor is ram speed the lower you go the faster it is
Timing 7-8-7-24-2N

Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 6GB

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Speed DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Cas Latency 6
Timing 6-6-6-18 <currently the lowest latency ddr3 around

the ones you chose

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Speed DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Cas Latency 9
Timing 9-9-9-24

m
0
l
May 18, 2010 5:32:42 PM

obsidian86 said:
the other ram is faster if you look at the specs

G.SKILL PI Series 6GB

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Speed DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Cas Latency 7 <this is the main determining factor is ram speed the lower you go the faster it is
Timing 7-8-7-24-2N

Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 6GB

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Speed DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Cas Latency 6
Timing 6-6-6-18 <currently the lowest latency ddr3 around

the ones you chose

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB



http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Speed DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Cas Latency 9
Timing 9-9-9-24



CORSAIR DOMINATOR-GT 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory with Airflow Fan Model CMT12GX3M6A1866C9 would thoes be any better then the low timeing ones u have?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
May 18, 2010 5:43:45 PM

its ok but corsair tends to be hugely over priced ram
m
0
l
May 18, 2010 5:46:27 PM

when u add them up the ones with the lowest timeings are the same price as the dominator so lower = best thanks
m
0
l
May 18, 2010 5:51:02 PM

obsidian86 said:
its ok but corsair tends to be hugely over priced ram


when u get to 12gb there both the same price but lower timeings on ur choice so there way faster and a better buy right?
m
0
l
May 18, 2010 7:48:56 PM

If that thing is supposed to disagree with me then I have a following question.

How is the fact that the only 4XGPU test is the best impressive? lol
m
0
l
May 18, 2010 8:01:30 PM

those 5870's are OCd much higher. Just accept the fact that four way 480's is insanely better in terms of performance(10percent orso with premature drivers). It may heat you room and turn off the lights but it performs far better.
m
0
l
May 18, 2010 8:04:48 PM

look carefully the gtx 480 system is using 2 hexacore cpu's the 5870 system is only using one hexecore

and nvidia cards always been clcoked lower then ati cards its a fundamentak design to each company
m
0
l
May 18, 2010 8:26:11 PM

because if the 5870 was as hot and as power hungry it would run circles around a gtx 480 backwards the 5870 is just a better gaming card then a gtx 480 its like a choice between a ferrari and a tank yeah the tank has its uses but it could never do what a ferrari does but at the same time a farrari cant do what a tank does i respect both companies on their own terms but nvidia seriously dropped the ball on the gtx480 series
m
0
l
May 19, 2010 5:13:44 AM

it doesn't really matter if its tripple channel or dual channel. Its the same ram just in different sets, but if you take 3 sets then you have tripple channel.

Tripple channel just means that the modules fill up 3 channels. Which the case with 3 of those sets.

And boy that is fast ram I didn't know 2000 cl6 even existed.
m
0
l
!