Looking foward to upgrade (i hope)

bluediablito

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
hello every one.
i currently have XFX HD-489X-ZSFC and i am looking for a replacement of this card. it does not have to be ati it can be nvidia as well. all i need is something of equal power or better. my budget is 200-300.
things i will do with this card.
long rendering nights and day - need quality product that works more than 14days
gpu rendering - min 1gb
speed - need something that has speed.

Is ddr5 a real reason to buy a ATI?

real reason for this
i have currently purchase XFX HD-489X-ZSFC , i was exited to have my first Ati card. had a nvidia for 4 years 7600gt and never gave me any problem. the 7600gt was and still is working. i just build a new pc and made up my mind to go with an Ati and only in 14days the card is giving me problems. i am scared to go back to Ati but i am willing to give ATI another chance. i am looking for something that will last the torture i have to give it. (long hrs of rendering and design)
my case is well ventilated on air.
please help me in choosing a replacement.

The HD5K series runs very efficient, and rarely runs into overheating issues unless poor ventilation is a problem. If cooling is a concern, get the ASUS DirectCU edition. It utilizes heatpipes instead of fans, which is probably better for 24/7 operation.

flyinfinni

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
What is wrong with the 4890?
The 5850 is the best option to replace it, like Shadow said (the Asus directCU is great, and the XFX cards are good as well, but probably not as cool, though the 5850's don't really get that hot anyway.), but I was just curious what happened to the 4890 after 14 days:)

TRENDING THREADS