Psu for gtx 260 core 216

Hello,
Currently in my current setup, I have a i7 920, 12 GB DDR3 ram, 1 GTX 260 Core 216, 1 dvd/cd burner, and a 1 TB hard drive at 7200 rpm(I think). I made the mistake of buying a PSU from a company not well-known and have been experiencing crashes. I tried a Rosewill 530W power supply and while it improved, it still crashed.

What size PSU should I look at getting? I'm leaning towards either Cosair or Cooler Master. Any particular PSU's would be welcome as well.
6 answers Last reply
More about core
  1. Antec EarthWatts EA-650 or Corsair CMPSU-650TX would be my recommendation. It is more than enough power for your setup!!
  2. For a GTX 260 you want at least a good 500, and a little extra for aging and overclocking is smart.

Right now newegg has the Antec Earthwatts EA650 on sale for $80.
    and the OCZ Fatal1ty 550W for $70 minus a $25 rebate.
  3. I would stick with the Antec over the OCZ, it is a better PSU.
  4. Thanks for the quick responses. So I'm guessing Antec put out some pretty good PSUs? Which brand would you lean towards?
  5. Corsair, SeaSonic and Antec are widely considered to be the best PSU manufacturer's. I would go with either of those three above all others.
  6. tecmo34 said:
    Corsair, SeaSonic and Antec are widely considered to be the best PSU manufacturer's. I would go with either of those three above all others.
    Seasonic builds most Corsair and Antec PSUs.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gtx Core Systems