Status
Not open for further replies.

zoranzoran

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
Hi guys, I need helping solving a issue with my computers memory. When I try to book I get 1 long beep 2 short beeps , as indicated in my motherboard manual this means a memory issue. Also when I turn my computer on my MEMOK light blinks over and over. This cant be my gpu becuase I just tried that in another computer and my gpu works fine. I cant even get to my bios my computer is just stuck. Also i replaced the ram and harddrive after the problem and It didnt fix anything. This problem occured after my computer booted off for no reason instnatly and when i tried starting it it just didnt work with the above problems the problem. Thanks in advance guys!

:??:

Solution
You could have a bad mobo. Why don't you clear CMOS, by first turning off the power, and then removing the battery for about a minute. Now, reinstall battery and RAM. Power it up. Any changes? If yes, get into BIOS and manually set your DRAM options to the specified values on the RAM label or packaging.

If not, try the other set of RAM. If still no display and still getting the memory error beeps, RMA the mobo.
You could have a bad mobo. Why don't you clear CMOS, by first turning off the power, and then removing the battery for about a minute. Now, reinstall battery and RAM. Power it up. Any changes? If yes, get into BIOS and manually set your DRAM options to the specified values on the RAM label or packaging.

If not, try the other set of RAM. If still no display and still getting the memory error beeps, RMA the mobo.

Solution

zoranzoran

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
Hey ill try that again, ill let you know what happens pretty sad... I cant really rma can I. I threw the box and all info away all i have left is the mobo. Its depressing to have a gtx 480 sitting there doing nothing

zoranzoran

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010

Thanks, even though that didnt work, my new gigabyte motherboard is on the way. Appreciate the reply. I guess 140$ to fix my computer isnt to bad considering how much it cost!

Status
Not open for further replies.