Offset windows

Just recently I noticed that some of my windows in XP are offset and in some
games. They appear larger than the resolution I have set and half of the
window is unable to be veiwed because it is passed the edge of the screen and
you can't scroll over. You can't even see the controls. (I hope that I am
explaining this clear enough for you to understand.)
Picture a square-3x3, you can see the entire square, now zoom in close
enough to where you only see half of that square on you screen. That's what I
mean. Only certain boxes do this not all. How can I fix this?
My card does support all resolutions. All drivers are updated. This I think
is something more than just the video card res.. The option boxes in these
particular windows are even out of place. They are overlapping the windows
itself and are in places they should not be.

My Specs:
WinXP Pro sp2
Asrock P4VT8 -P4 2.4ghz motherboard w/via chipset w/latest AGP 4 in 1 driver
ATI Radeon AIW 9600 128MB Video card w/4.1 drivers
40GB Maxtor 7200 HD -Primary
120GB Maxtor 7200 -Secondary
LiteOn 52x35x52 CD-R -Primary
DVD Player -Secondary
512MB Ram 266/400
450 ATX Power Supply
One extra cooling fan/aside from the cooling fan in the PSU
DirectX 9.0
All latest drivers

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 08:09:06 -0800, jah711 wrote:

> Just recently I noticed that some of my windows in XP are offset and in some
> games. They appear larger than the resolution I have set and half of the
> window is unable to be veiwed because it is passed the edge of the screen and
> you can't scroll over. You can't even see the controls. (I hope that I am
> explaining this clear enough for you to understand.)
> Picture a square-3x3, you can see the entire square, now zoom in close
> enough to where you only see half of that square on you screen. That's what I
> mean. Only certain boxes do this not all. How can I fix this?
> My card does support all resolutions. All drivers are updated. This I think
> is something more than just the video card res.. The option boxes in these
> particular windows are even out of place. They are overlapping the windows
> itself and are in places they should not be.
>
> My Specs:
> WinXP Pro sp2
> Asrock P4VT8 -P4 2.4ghz motherboard w/via chipset w/latest AGP 4 in 1 driver
> ATI Radeon AIW 9600 128MB Video card w/4.1 drivers
> 40GB Maxtor 7200 HD -Primary
> 120GB Maxtor 7200 -Secondary
> LiteOn 52x35x52 CD-R -Primary
> DVD Player -Secondary
> 512MB Ram 266/400
> 450 ATX Power Supply
> One extra cooling fan/aside from the cooling fan in the PSU
> DirectX 9.0
> All latest drivers

Suggestions:

- Right click the taskbar and select Cascade in an attempt to bring the
application windows back into view. Close the program. Then relaunch and
test position of default and maximize size.
Or..

-If the inconsistency is always on one edge, perhaps the monitor needs to
be adjusted. Use the controls on the monitor to pull that edge back into
the viewing area.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User