Sign in with
Your question

46sv670u Display Issues.. WINDOWS IS STUPID

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 17, 2010 1:39:17 AM

Okay so windows isnt stupid but I cannot get windows to detect my tv as a tv.. it detects it as a generic non pnp monitor or something of the sort.. ive installed drivers for the video card and looked up windows update and cant find 1 dang driver for my tv.. im stuck at 1024 by 768 and its a 1080p 240hz LED tv for goodness sake... I got my ps3 running hdmi working flawlessly but wtf.. no computer.. PLEASE if anyone can find a driver for my TV so windows will recognize it or a program so it will let me run my resolution.. let me know.. its a toshiba REGZA 46SV670U

BTW my graphics card is a 4850 and im just using VGA
April 17, 2010 4:30:46 PM

Apologies for the post above.. I was quite frustrated when I posted it.. But so I can inform any who would like to help.. I have looked everywhere I think I can looking for a driver for this TV.. A little more information about my system: Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit running currently... Q8200, 4gb DDR2 with a XFX ATi 4850 1Gb card... I had everything working great on my previous TV that I sold which was a Sony Bravia... All I need to do is to be able to work at my native resolution... So if anyone has a clue as to what I should do.. it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pesh
April 17, 2010 5:15:22 PM

Do you connect the 4850 output via straight VGA cable to the RGB (VGA) input of the TV?
I have the same experience before with my LG TV where I can not get the full HD display. I was using a DVI to VGA cable converter. I found out that my DVI to VGA cenverter lack some PINs. I replaced it with the full one and got the full HD display after that.
Related resources
April 17, 2010 5:18:45 PM

Im using a VGA to VGA Cable because the TV has VGA hookups and also using a DVI to VGA adapter thing.. That way it will hook up to the card.. I cant think it would be lack of pins because it was working 2 days ago on my old tv.. a 40'' Sony Bravia.. Would getting a DVI to HDMI cable help?
April 18, 2010 3:06:16 AM

I have bad experience with HDMI connection from PC to TV. THe picture is never as smooth as the VGA connection so I still have VGA connector to my full HD TV inspite of having HDMI to HDMI cable myself.

Back to the problem, on the Display setting, try to go to advance, then click on adapter then list all modes. And on the "monitor tab" uncheck "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display"
Seee if playing around with this will allow your PC to display full HD on your TV.
April 18, 2010 5:27:23 PM

I went to the display settings and unchecked the box and alot of resolutions came up but nothing widescreen.. I got fed up with searching for drivers so I went ahead a bought a dvi to hdmi cable.. it now works properly but I see what you mean by not as smooth.. but for now it will suffice.. Next problem is audio... Im sure its a long shot but is there a way to output audio through the video card simply because its hooking to the tv in hdmi? I currently dont have a sound system to hook up to.. so I was just going to use the TV's built in for now.
April 19, 2010 12:04:01 AM

I haven't tried getting audio from the video card myself. You have to review your HD4850 and motherboard manual for specific instructions how to do it.

By the way, have you tried playing around with the Catalyst Control Center too to get your PC work in Full HD while using the TV's PC input?

It may be possible that the problem lies on the TV's setting. I also remember tinkering with my TV's screen set up. Have you check on this side? The set up is different for each TV input so while your PC is working full HD on the HDMI input, your RGB input may be on the 4:3 aspect ratio mode or lower resolution. It may be slim shot but worth a try if you haven't done it...
!