Gtx 470

oh yeah, gotz me 2 470's in sli and damn is the top one loud with no breathing room and it has gotten up to 109 degrees but there fast
15 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. 109C? And its not heat throttling?

I know they designed them for high heat this time around, so the GPU can probably handle it, but i double the capacitors can. You need to do something to improve airflow to get those temps down a bit farther before you burn the card out. If you can make a cup of tea on your card its a bit too hot.
  2. 109 C I assume. You can try putting some case fans near the cards and blowing in. Or you could take the side panel off and set up a room/desk fan blasting in.
  3. If you plan on having these cards for a while, I hope you bought them from a company that has a 3 year warranty. I say that because at those temps, the cards are not going to last too long.
  4. well, they are evga, so warranty is good, and i have an azza solano which is a beefed up antec 1200, but i did turn down my clocks, u see they were the superclocked versions which came at 625 mhz (new egg auto notify thank god finally it said add to cart), i turned them down to 604 mhz and now my temps at full load are a stable 86 celcius for the top card and 65 for the bottom card, i chose nvidia because i have 3d vision on my dlp 65 tv, and they will soon have drivers for 3 monitor eyefinity also,
    which i have 3 samsung 22'', but for now the main display is a viewsonic 28'' vx28 sumthin
  5. check
  6. assassin37 said:
    oh yeah, gotz me 2 470's in sli and damn is the top one loud with no breathing room and it has gotten up to 109 degrees but there fast

Look like you need a AC unit in the case!
  7. rolli59 said:
    Look like you need a AC unit in the case!

yeah i will just rout it from my home central ac with a tube, right to my 200mm intake fan, LOL
    water cooled 470(waterblock) if it gets to bad, though i will need to get a water cool unit
  8. you should have bought 2 5850.

i just got a 5850 and the temps are extremely low even on my case with no fans and no cable management.

now you have to spend more money for a water cooling +waterblocks
  9. demonnn said:
    you should have bought 2 5850.

i just got a 5850 and the temps are extremely low even on my case with no fans and no cable management.

now you have to spend more money for a water cooling +waterblocks

those wont run 3d vision which i have
  10. again after downclocking the superclocked to regular clocks my temps are quite normal for this chip, around 80c now at load, my real problem is getting my crucial c-300 ssd to run faster on the marvell sata3 port , cause right now the ich10r sata2 port is running it way faster, but thats another topic sorry for rambling
  11. Nice setup assassin37, is that 80C in games or in a program like furmark/OCCT?
  12. EXT64 said:
    Nice setup assassin37, is that 80C in games or in a program like furmark/OCCT?

that would be games, and the supersonic sled demo gets temps a bit higher, im trading them in and getting the evga waterblocked versions, yet my system doesnt have watercooling yet so i will have to look into that as well, theres always somthin ta do
  13. I bought this for my 480 gtx

http://www.legitreviews.com/news/7808/

prob when I get back though
  14. That makes sense. OCCT/FurMark get my 5850 about 10-20C above what my games reach.
  15. I guess one way or another, nvidia makes you spend alot of money.

I am glad everything is working out for you. Now lets see what these cards can do...
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx SLI Graphics