CPU Cooling for ntel BX80613i7980X Core i7 980X Extreme Edition Proces

ace700

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2008
What is a good cpu liquid cooling products? have any tried the Corsair CWCH50-1 Hydro H50 CPU Liquid Cooler? My computer build is going to be mostly for programming, heavy gaming and heaving graphics / animation?

bCubed

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
Because of teh low volume of liquid for one. They are not able to push as much through and don't cool as much, even though some people swear by them. In reality, benchmark after benchmark has shown that high end air coolers like the Prolimatech's and such are able to cool even better, especially when set up in a good case airflow/

The self contained ones are much smaller, a good liquid cooling system would have 2 or 3 fans on a much larger radiator allowing it to get the liquid much cooler before it sent it back in, it would also have a better pump in it giving you better flow so that it keeps cooler liquid in the water block.

I have.
Depending on how it's configured an H50 will perform 10º-20º better than the stock 980x cooler, which doesn't fall too far behind higher end air coolers itself.
Full blown water-cooling will definitely do better, there's a sticky in the "Coolers and Heatsink " section that provides several guide links that will be of use to you, and a list of etailers to purchase components from.