Solved

M4A89GTD PRO

PCI-e x16 only functioning @ x8....I have it installed in the blue #1 x16 lane so why is it only function at x8...My new set-up is as follows:

ASUS M4A89GTD PRO
G.Skill Sniper 2x4GB CL9 DDR3 1600
Diamond 6870
G.Skill Sniper 60GB SSD
WD Black 640GB
OCZ 550-watt PSU
Win. 7 64-Bit
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about m4a89gtd
  1. Have you tried messing with settings in BIOS?
  2. Yeah it said i need to put some type of card that was suppose to be in the retail box it looks like just a false plug in card in the other slot to achieve x16..I went to the asus store and found the I/O backplate but nothing else that would have come bundled with the retail version
  3. Best answer
    The card you are talking about is listed in the Package contents on page 1.1 in your motherboard manual. Should have come with the motherboard. http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=eCWbkolMf0DOW0IV&templete=2
  4. yeah I got open box and it wasn't included with it...Where do I find this item
  5. Your best bet is talking to ASUS!
  6. lowjack989 said:
    Yeah it said i need to put some type of card that was suppose to be in the retail box it looks like just a false plug in card in the other slot to achieve x16..I went to the asus store and found the I/O backplate but nothing else that would have come bundled with the retail version

I have this mobo. I am building the system as we speak. I also have an OCZ PSU. I have some questions for you if you don't mind.

On a different note - the "other card" you're talking about is the VGA Switch Card. My mobo actually had it in the box.

If you feel like helping me out - my "preferred" email is dhill316@aol.com
  7. Ask away Daniel ....I am more than willing to offer any advice that I can help with. BTW I have an extra 890 GX Board now B/C I went ahead and bought another M4A89GTD PRO....This one has the card since it is new. My new machine is gaming better than ever now ...
  8. Best answer selected by lowjack989.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards G.SKILL PCI Express