I bought a new computer and messed with bios and changed plug and play

funland05

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
after i restarted my computer it worked fine but hten while i was messing with my cables to make the "video" go onto my tv and my computer turned off and would not turn back on it still wont does anyone know how to fix this?

Are we talking "turned off" as in powered off or "no signal" on the monitor?

If indeed the computer will not power back on, the list of things to check is:

1. If computer is plugged into a surge protector, ensure that the trip/reset button (if available)isn't raised.
2. If computer is plugged into a GFI wall outlet, check to see if the outlet tripped.
3. Try replacing the power cable (the one from the wall/outlet to the back of the PSU) with the power cable for the monitor.
4. Lastly, I would test the PSU. The paper clip trick could verify if the PSU can power on. Disconnect the P1 (24-pin) connector from the mobo. Get a paper clip and jump the green wire with the black wire right next to it.

If this is a "no signal"/"no display" issue, then try this list:
1. Clear CMOS by removing the battery on the mobo for about a minute.
2. Connect the monitor to the integrated VGA (if available)
3. Try a different GPU.

funland05

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010

hey i have no idea what the paperclip trick is but it wont turn on.

funland05

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010

well i tryed it with a staple and no response form pus or fans so i think the psu is busted and i bought this from newegg as full computer so it was probally a shitty psu i guess i could buy a new one but that is money would it b best to send back computer?