BOOTMGR is missing error after partial Windows 7 download

itsjcg

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
Hello,
My computer's graphic's card (NVIDIA 9800 GX2) recently started blank screening on me. I took the computer in to a local diagnostic shop. They told me my graphics card was fine but somehow Windows Vista was now non-compatible with my card's driver. They recommended upgrading to Windows 7. Considering I was going to upgrade to Windows 7, I purchased a Crucial SSD to run my operating system and any games I would be playing. I changed my primary SATA to the SSD and began loading Windows 7. Everything was loading great. However, upon loading the operating system (probably around 60% completion), my graphics card blacked my screen out once again. Therefore realizing my graphics card was bad, I bought a NVIDIA GTX570. Now when I turn on my computer to install Windows 7, I get an error message saying "BOOTMGR is missing Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart." Thinking the problem was bc Windows 7 was improperly installed, I ran the computer with my old HDD and reformatted the SSD to factory settings. After making the SSD the primary drive once again, I am still receiving the same BOOTMGR is missing error. What is causing this problem and what can I do to fix it? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Justin

Solution
thats strange that the local diagnostic shop gave you false information to sell you additional equipment... anyway make sure your computer is set to boot from CD and boot from the windows 7 installation disc. also make sure your SSD is installed in SATA0 on the motherboard. then you shouldn't have any problems installing Windows.
thats strange that the local diagnostic shop gave you false information to sell you additional equipment... anyway make sure your computer is set to boot from CD and boot from the windows 7 installation disc. also make sure your SSD is installed in SATA0 on the motherboard. then you shouldn't have any problems installing Windows.

Solution

rdc85

Honorable
If u first installed w7 with ssd and hdd both connected to mobo then there is possibility the system/bootmanager is installed to your hdd not your ssd.......

It recommended to install w7 with only one drive connected.... and connect the other after the os installed.........

try to unplug all drives leaving only ssd and reinstall w7 using bootable instalation disk/usb/mmc/etc.......