HELP !!!!

Last response: in Video Games
June 27, 2004 9:29:57 AM

Does anyone know where I can get the fake CD patch for Tomb Raider III the lost
artifact, so I can play it without the CD??? Please Email me or reply to this
message with the web site. I found it once but forgot where it was...J. Ambler

More about : question

Anonymous
June 30, 2004 11:54:12 PM

"Amblerman60" <amblerman60@aol.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know where I can get the fake CD patch for Tomb Raider III the
lost
> artifact, so I can play it without the CD??? Please Email me or reply to
this
> message with the web site. I found it once but forgot where it was...J.
Ambler

Hmmm ... so you are looking for a webpage containing TR3 AND nocd. I just
cannot think where I'd begin!! :o )

It's out there ... it's available from the simplest search imaginable. But
this is not the place to be asking for it. Nor is it the place for me to be
telling it!

JW
Anonymous
July 2, 2004 5:54:51 PM

"Dublevay" <duble@byNO--SPAM.co.uk> wrote in message
> "Amblerman60" <amblerman60@aol.com> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know where I can get the fake CD patch for Tomb Raider III
the
> lost
> > artifact, so I can play it without the CD??? Please Email me or reply to
> this
> > message with the web site. I found it once but forgot where it was...J.
> Ambler
>
> Hmmm ... so you are looking for a webpage containing TR3 AND nocd. I just
> cannot think where I'd begin!! :o )
>
> It's out there ... it's available from the simplest search imaginable. But
> this is not the place to be asking for it. Nor is it the place for me to
be
> telling it!
>
> JW

Yeah well, when TR:LA never even made it to the shores of Australia...Do you
have a link for both? As in, the actual game TR:LA and (obviously) a NoCd
patch....because one would be pointless without the other.

And before you all ask! Yes! I've tried buying it online, but no luck at
all!

If you do, I'll love you forever. I promise, please direct to:
ijwbin@yahoo.com.au

Much ta'ing if it's possible.
July 3, 2004 6:42:41 AM

"Dragoncarer" <dc@haha.noflames> wrote in message

> "Dublevay" <duble@byNO--SPAM.co.uk> wrote in message
> > "Amblerman60" <amblerman60@aol.com> wrote in message
> > > Does anyone know where I can get the fake CD patch for Tomb Raider
III
> the
> > lost
> > > artifact, so I can play it without the CD??? Please Email me or
reply to
> > this
> > > message with the web site. I found it once but forgot where it
was...J.
> > Ambler
> >
> > Hmmm ... so you are looking for a webpage containing TR3 AND nocd. I
just
> > cannot think where I'd begin!! :o )
> >
> > It's out there ... it's available from the simplest search
imaginable. But
> > this is not the place to be asking for it. Nor is it the place for
me to
> be
> > telling it!
> >
> > JW
> >

> Yeah well, when TR:LA never even made it to the shores of
Australia...Do you
> have a link for both? As in, the actual game TR:LA and (obviously) a
NoCd
> patch....because one would be pointless without the other.
>
> And before you all ask! Yes! I've tried buying it online, but no luck
at
> all!
>
> If you do, I'll love you forever. I promise, please direct to:
> ijwbin@yahoo.com.au
>
> Much ta'ing if it's possible.

http://tinyurl.com/3c2ge

HTH
~TB
Anonymous
July 3, 2004 12:19:04 PM

Dragoncarer wrote:

> "Dublevay" <duble@byNO--SPAM.co.uk> wrote in message
> > "Amblerman60" <amblerman60@aol.com> wrote in message
> > > Does anyone know where I can get the fake CD patch for Tomb Raider III
> the
> > lost
> > > artifact, so I can play it without the CD??? Please Email me or reply to
> > this
> > > message with the web site. I found it once but forgot where it was...J.
> > Ambler
> >
> > Hmmm ... so you are looking for a webpage containing TR3 AND nocd. I just
> > cannot think where I'd begin!! :o )
> >
> > It's out there ... it's available from the simplest search imaginable. But
> > this is not the place to be asking for it. Nor is it the place for me to
> be
> > telling it!
> >
> > JW
> >

> Yeah well, when TR:LA never even made it to the shores of Australia...Do you
> have a link for both? As in, the actual game TR:LA and (obviously) a NoCd
> patch....because one would be pointless without the other.
>
> And before you all ask! Yes! I've tried buying it online, but no luck at
> all!
>
> If you do, I'll love you forever. I promise, please direct to:
> ijwbin@yahoo.com.au
>
> Much ta'ing if it's possible.

Sometimes older games show up on the shelves at certain computer
stores around here, including TR 1 now and then. If I ever find
TRLA for sale, should I buy a copy for you?

-- G
Anonymous
July 3, 2004 3:07:27 PM

Amblerman60 wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can get the fake CD patch for Tomb Raider
> III the lost artifact, so I can play it without the CD??? Please
> Email me or reply to this message with the web site. I found it once
> but forgot where it was...J. Ambler

http://tinyurl.com/2yald

JW
Anonymous
July 3, 2004 3:42:54 PM

"Dublevay" <duble@byNO--SPAM.co.uk> wrote in message
news:p rwFc.2691$gy7.23228576@news-text.cableinet.net...
> Amblerman60 wrote:
> > Does anyone know where I can get the fake CD patch for Tomb Raider
> > III the lost artifact, so I can play it without the CD??? Please
> > Email me or reply to this message with the web site. I found it once
> > but forgot where it was...J. Ambler
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2yald
>
> JW

I don't generally like to post crack info on a group such as this, but TRLA
is getting very old, and if it wasn't available in the land of Oz, then fair
dos mate!

Anyway ... just tried it. It works perfectly. So, to reiterate, you need to
patch a copy of TR3 regular edition first. Do this using the TR3 patch at
the following link:

http://thequad.free.fr/toolsE.html

Then copy across the folders as stated in the link I originally posted. Then
rename Tomb3.exe to be TR3gold.exe. Then rename the file in the data folder
from trtla.dat to tomb3.dat.

Happy 'Scotlanding', and enjoy one of the best TRs in my opinion!

JW
Anonymous
July 4, 2004 12:47:23 AM

"Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
> Dragoncarer wrote:
> >
> > "Dublevay" <duble@byNO--SPAM.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > "Amblerman60" <amblerman60@aol.com> wrote in message
III
> > the
> > > lost
> > > this
> > > Ambler
> > >
> > > Hmmm ... so you are looking for a webpage containing TR3 AND nocd. I
just
> > > cannot think where I'd begin!! :o )
> > >
> > > It's out there ... it's available from the simplest search imaginable.
But
> > > this is not the place to be asking for it. Nor is it the place for me
> > be
> > > telling it!
> > >
> > > JW
> > >

> > Yeah well, when TR:LA never even made it to the shores of Australia...Do
you
> > have a link for both? As in, the actual game TR:LA and (obviously) a
NoCd
> > patch....because one would be pointless without the other.
> >
> > And before you all ask! Yes! I've tried buying it online, but no luck at
> > all!
> >
> > If you do, I'll love you forever. I promise, please direct to:
> >

> > Much ta'ing if it's possible.
>

> Sometimes older games show up on the shelves at certain computer
> stores around here, including TR 1 now and then. If I ever find
> TRLA for sale, should I buy a copy for you?
>
> -- G

I wish! Where you located?
Anonymous
July 4, 2004 12:50:01 AM

"Tom Braider" <no1s@home.now> wrote in message

> "Dragoncarer" <dc@haha.noflames> wrote in message
> >
> > "Dublevay" <duble@byNO--SPAM.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > "Amblerman60" <amblerman60@aol.com> wrote in message
> III
> > the
> > > lost
> reply to
> > > this
> was...J.
> > > Ambler
> > >
> > > Hmmm ... so you are looking for a webpage containing TR3 AND nocd. I
> just
> > > cannot think where I'd begin!! :o )
> > >
> > > It's out there ... it's available from the simplest search
> imaginable. But
> > > this is not the place to be asking for it. Nor is it the place for
> me to
> > be
> > > telling it!
> > >
> > > JW
> > >

> > Yeah well, when TR:LA never even made it to the shores of
> Australia...Do you
> > have a link for both? As in, the actual game TR:LA and (obviously) a
> NoCd
> > patch....because one would be pointless without the other.
> >
> > And before you all ask! Yes! I've tried buying it online, but no luck
> at
> > all!
> >
> > If you do, I'll love you forever. I promise, please direct to:
> > ijwbin@yahoo.com.au
> >
> > Much ta'ing if it's possible.
>

> http://tinyurl.com/3c2ge
>
> HTH
> ~TB

Well that's new. Problem is, as I already stated, I live in Australia.

Furthermore, I now need to draw a US Bank Cheque or Money Order, then wait

anxiously for it to appear.

Eventually...but this title keeps popping in and out of Ebay. It's not easy

to find.
Anonymous
July 4, 2004 1:39:18 PM

Dragoncarer wrote:

> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
> > Dragoncarer wrote:
> > >
> > > "Dublevay" <duble@byNO--SPAM.co.uk> wrote in message
> III
> > > the
> reply to
> was...J.

> just

> But
> > > be

> > > Yeah well, when TR:LA never even made it to the shores of Australia...Do
> you
> > > have a link for both? As in, the actual game TR:LA and (obviously) a
> NoCd
> > > patch....because one would be pointless without the other.
> > >
> > > And before you all ask! Yes! I've tried buying it online, but no luck at
> > > all!
> > >
> > > If you do, I'll love you forever. I promise, please direct to:
> > >

> > > Much ta'ing if it's possible.
> >

> > Sometimes older games show up on the shelves at certain computer
> > stores around here, including TR 1 now and then. If I ever find
> > TRLA for sale, should I buy a copy for you?
> >
> > -- G
>
> I wish! Where you located?

The U.S., California. I'll keep an eye out for it.

-- G
Anonymous
July 4, 2004 6:20:34 PM

> "Dublevay" <duble@byNO--SPAM.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:p rwFc.2691$gy7.23228576@news-text.cableinet.net...
> > Amblerman60 wrote:
> > > Does anyone know where I can get the fake CD patch for Tomb Raider
> > > III the lost artifact, so I can play it without the CD??? Please
> > > Email me or reply to this message with the web site. I found it once
> > > but forgot where it was...J. Ambler
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/2yald
> >
> > JW
>
> I don't generally like to post crack info on a group such as this, but
TRLA
> is getting very old, and if it wasn't available in the land of Oz, then
fair
> dos mate!
>
> Anyway ... just tried it. It works perfectly. So, to reiterate, you need
> patch a copy of TR3 regular edition first. Do this using the TR3 patch at
> the following link:
>
> http://thequad.free.fr/toolsE.html
>
> Then copy across the folders as stated in the link I originally posted.
Then
> rename Tomb3.exe to be TR3gold.exe. Then rename the file in the data
folder
> from trtla.dat to tomb3.dat.
>
> Happy 'Scotlanding', and enjoy one of the best TRs in my opinion!
>
> JW

I know. And I feel very bad about the whole issue. But...dunno...might see
if I can order it from somewhere again first before I try this stuff...

But thanks very much.

Well I love tr3...that's why I was so depressed when they never released
TRLA.
Anonymous
July 28, 2004 12:37:41 PM

Dragoncarer wrote:

> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
> > Dragoncarer wrote:

> > > Yeah well, when TR:LA never even made it to the shores of Australia...Do
> you
> > > have a link for both? As in, the actual game TR:LA and (obviously) a
> NoCd
> > > patch....because one would be pointless without the other.
> > >
> > > And before you all ask! Yes! I've tried buying it online, but no luck at
> > > all!
> > >
> > > If you do, I'll love you forever. I promise, please direct to:
> > >

> > > Much ta'ing if it's possible.
> >

> > Sometimes older games show up on the shelves at certain computer
> > stores around here, including TR 1 now and then. If I ever find
> > TRLA for sale, should I buy a copy for you?
> >
> > -- G
>
> I wish! Where you located?

OK, Fry's came through. They have TRLA for the PC, boxed version.
It's only $10 US (less tax & shipping). We should take this off
the NG. Remove "nospam" from my address, let's talk. :)

-- G
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 1:02:26 AM

> Dragoncarer wrote:
> >
> > "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message

Australia...Do
> > you
> > NoCd

> > > Sometimes older games show up on the shelves at certain computer
> > > stores around here, including TR 1 now and then. If I ever find
> > > TRLA for sale, should I buy a copy for you?
> > >
> > > -- G
> >
> > I wish! Where you located?
>
> OK, Fry's came through. They have TRLA for the PC, boxed version.
> It's only $10 US (less tax & shipping). We should take this off
> the NG. Remove "nospam" from my address, let's talk. :)

Oh man I can't believe you're still going to all this trouble!

Thanks but no thanks, I don't have much time anymore to fiddle around with
games. I'm determined to wow the school of creative and communicative arts
with my literary and linguistical prowess, so lots of study nowadays.

Thanks heaps G, but I'll maybe end up getting it from ebay or something at
the end of the year.

Sorry but ta...mmm so tempting, so very very
tempting......mmmmm...............but no! bad DC! bad!

> -- G
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 1:47:22 AM

Gary Mitchell <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message news:<4107666B.9DDF8F97@ix.nospam.netcom.com>...
> Dragoncarer wrote:
> >
> > "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message

> you
> NoCd

> > > Sometimes older games show up on the shelves at certain computer
> > > stores around here, including TR 1 now and then. If I ever find
> > > TRLA for sale, should I buy a copy for you?
> > >
> > > -- G
> >
> > I wish! Where you located?
>
> OK, Fry's came through. They have TRLA for the PC, boxed version.
> It's only $10 US (less tax & shipping). We should take this off
> the NG. Remove "nospam" from my address, let's talk. :)
>
> -- G

I am interested in that... How much would it cost, totally - shipping
to Eastern Europe, Turkey, Istanbul?

Shehi
TRComm.Net
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 2:09:44 AM

"Dragoncarer" wrote

<snip>

> games. I'm determined to wow the school of creative and communicative arts
> with my literary and linguistical prowess, so lots of study nowadays.

Sorry to tag on, but you forgot "poetic". :)

Seriously, you called your poem "shitty", but I thought it wasn't half bad.
:)
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 11:10:20 AM

Dragoncarer wrote:

> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
> > Dragoncarer wrote:
> > >
> > > "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message

> Australia...Do
> > > you
> > > NoCd

> luck at

> > > I wish! Where you located?
> >
> > OK, Fry's came through. They have TRLA for the PC, boxed version.
> > It's only $10 US (less tax & shipping). We should take this off
> > the NG. Remove "nospam" from my address, let's talk. :)
> >

> Oh man I can't believe you're still going to all this trouble!

Well, if I say I'll do something, I try to follow through. :)

> Thanks but no thanks, I don't have much time anymore to fiddle around with
> games.

!!! :o  <picks self up off floor>

> I'm determined to wow the school of creative and communicative arts
> with my literary and linguistical prowess, so lots of study nowadays.

Um, well, it's not a full size game, you know... But, I
supposed you're right, studies should come first, huh?

> Thanks heaps G, but I'll maybe end up getting it from ebay or something at
> the end of the year.
>
> Sorry but ta...mmm so tempting, so very very
> tempting......mmmmm...............but no! bad DC! bad!

Surprising, coming from a TR fan who recently bemoaned not
being able to buy it locally. However, <looks over at
brand-new shrink-wrapped TRLA box>, if you're sure...
OK. <shrugs>

-- G
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 12:13:54 PM

Shehi wrote:

> Gary Mitchell <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message news:<4107666B.9DDF8F97@ix.nospam.netcom.com>...
> > Dragoncarer wrote:
> > >
> > > "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message

> > you
> > NoCd

> > > I wish! Where you located?
> >
> > OK, Fry's came through. They have TRLA for the PC, boxed version.
> > It's only $10 US (less tax & shipping). We should take this off
> > the NG. Remove "nospam" from my address, let's talk. :)
> >
> > -- G
>
> I am interested in that... How much would it cost, totally - shipping
> to Eastern Europe, Turkey, Istanbul?
>
> Shehi
> TRComm.Net

My out-of-pocket cost is $10.72, including tax. (all amounts are
U.S. dollars.) Shipping to Turkey? Well, I haven't packaged it
up yet, but let's say it weighs one pound...

According to the postage calculator on the US postal web site, Air
Parcel Post would be $16 (up to 10 days) and Surface Parcel Post
would be $21.75 (up to 6 weeks). I don't understand *that*, the
slower method should be cheaper.

Do you mind paying more in postage than what it costs? :/

-- G
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 12:26:36 PM

"Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message

<snips rejected Heroic deed>

<hugs> you are a lovely person to go to that trouble, Gary :)

DB
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 8:02:35 PM

"Dungeonbunny" <Dungeonbunny@amuse-guele@isletsoflangerhan.org> schreef in
bericht news:lE1Oc.24679$m63.13492@animal.nntpserver.com...

> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
>
> <snips rejected Heroic deed>
>
> <hugs> you are a lovely person to go to that trouble, Gary :)
>
> DB

't Was indeed a heroic deed. TRLA is the most funnest TR ever... I *loved*
it.

DC doesn't know what he's rejecting... Me, I've played it, and I know what
he's turning down. It was a very very very nice thing to do Gary :)

<adds another hug>

Sas
Anonymous
July 30, 2004 1:37:07 AM

Yup yup. Here's another hug for GM. *hugs*

WY

"Dungeonbunny" <Dungeonbunny@amuse-guele@isletsoflangerhan.org> wrote in
message news:lE1Oc.24679$m63.13492@animal.nntpserver.com...

> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
>
> <snips rejected Heroic deed>
>
> <hugs> you are a lovely person to go to that trouble, Gary :)
>
> DB

Anonymous
July 30, 2004 1:43:21 AM

"bbocquin" <SirTalksAlot@chatteringnuns.com> wrote in message

> "Dragoncarer" wrote
>
> <snip>
>
> > games. I'm determined to wow the school of creative and communicative
arts
> > with my literary and linguistical prowess, so lots of study nowadays.
> >

> Sorry to tag on, but you forgot "poetic". :)

Nah poetry's only a coupla units out of my Prof Writing degree...which is
part of the School of CCA.

But yeah.

> Seriously, you called your poem "shitty", but I thought it wasn't half
bad.
> :)

Anonymous
July 30, 2004 1:44:45 AM

"Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
> Dragoncarer wrote:
> >
> > "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message

> > Australia...Do

> > luck at

> > > OK, Fry's came through. They have TRLA for the PC, boxed version.
> > > It's only $10 US (less tax & shipping). We should take this off
> > > the NG. Remove "nospam" from my address, let's talk. :)
> > >

> > Oh man I can't believe you're still going to all this trouble!
>
> Well, if I say I'll do something, I try to follow through. :)
>
> > Thanks but no thanks, I don't have much time anymore to fiddle around
with
> > games.
>
> !!! :o  <picks self up off floor>
>
> > I'm determined to wow the school of creative and communicative arts
> > with my literary and linguistical prowess, so lots of study nowadays.
>
> Um, well, it's not a full size game, you know... But, I
> supposed you're right, studies should come first, huh?
>
> > Thanks heaps G, but I'll maybe end up getting it from ebay or something
at
> > the end of the year.
> >
> > Sorry but ta...mmm so tempting, so very very
> > tempting......mmmmm...............but no! bad DC! bad!
>
> Surprising, coming from a TR fan who recently bemoaned not
> being able to buy it locally. However, <looks over at
> brand-new shrink-wrapped TRLA box>, if you're sure...
> OK. <shrugs>

*drools*....have you already bought it?

oh wow....well if you've already bought it, then yeah, email me and we can
talk about it.

ijwbin@yahoo.com.au

Ta...

> -- G
Anonymous
July 30, 2004 4:48:24 AM

Gary Mitchell wrote:
> Dragoncarer wrote:
>>
>> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message

>>> OK, Fry's came through. They have TRLA for the PC, boxed version.
>>> It's only $10 US (less tax & shipping). We should take this off
>>> the NG. Remove "nospam" from my address, let's talk. :)
>>>

>> Oh man I can't believe you're still going to all this trouble!
>
> Well, if I say I'll do something, I try to follow through. :)
>
>> Thanks but no thanks, I don't have much time anymore to fiddle
>> around with games.
>
> !!! :o  <picks self up off floor>
>
>> I'm determined to wow the school of creative and communicative arts
>> with my literary and linguistical prowess, so lots of study nowadays.
>
> Um, well, it's not a full size game, you know... But, I
> supposed you're right, studies should come first, huh?
>
>> Thanks heaps G, but I'll maybe end up getting it from ebay or
>> something at the end of the year.
>>
>> Sorry but ta...mmm so tempting, so very very
>> tempting......mmmmm...............but no! bad DC! bad!
>
> Surprising, coming from a TR fan who recently bemoaned not
> being able to buy it locally. However, <looks over at
> brand-new shrink-wrapped TRLA box>, if you're sure...
> OK. <shrugs>
>
> -- G

'Q' got me a copy of it, and I sure appreciate it of him. I'll tell you
I appreciate what you did also. In case you'd like to move it on, I'd
be glad to pay your costs for it Gary, send it to me. :)
McG.
Anonymous
July 30, 2004 12:02:38 PM

Dungeonbunny wrote:

> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
>
> <snips rejected Heroic deed>

Aw shucks... a TR fan in distress, what else could I do?
Twasn't noth'n. ;)

> <hugs> you are a lovely person to go to that trouble, Gary :)
>
> DB

Thank you. <hugs back> :)

Actually, this is the second time. Someone else showed up here
not long ago with trouble finding TR1 and I got it for her. We
took it off the NG early on, so probably no one here notice.

-- G
Anonymous
July 30, 2004 12:04:19 PM

"W. Y." wrote:

> Yup yup. Here's another hug for GM. *hugs*

Wow, all of a sudden I'm collecting hugs? ... not that
I'm complaining or anything. ;)

Thanks!

-- G

> WY
>
> "Dungeonbunny" <Dungeonbunny@amuse-guele@isletsoflangerhan.org> wrote in
> message news:lE1Oc.24679$m63.13492@animal.nntpserver.com...
> >
> > "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
> >
> > <snips rejected Heroic deed>
> >
> > <hugs> you are a lovely person to go to that trouble, Gary :)
> >
> > DB

Anonymous
July 30, 2004 12:05:59 PM

Cryptic Sas wrote:

> "Dungeonbunny" <Dungeonbunny@amuse-guele@isletsoflangerhan.org> schreef in
> bericht news:lE1Oc.24679$m63.13492@animal.nntpserver.com...
> >
> > "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
> >
> > <snips rejected Heroic deed>
> >
> > <hugs> you are a lovely person to go to that trouble, Gary :)
> >
> > DB
>
> 't Was indeed a heroic deed. TRLA is the most funnest TR ever... I *loved*
> it.

I remember a few people picked this one as their favorite,
back when we were talking about that a while back.

> DC doesn't know what he's rejecting... Me, I've played it, and I know what
> he's turning down. It was a very very very nice thing to do Gary :)
>
> <adds another hug>

Thanks, Sas. :)

> Sas
Anonymous
July 30, 2004 12:21:38 PM

Dragoncarer wrote:

> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
> > Dragoncarer wrote:
> > >
> > > "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message

> > > Australia...Do
> (obviously) a

> > > luck at

> > > Oh man I can't believe you're still going to all this trouble!
> >
> > Well, if I say I'll do something, I try to follow through. :)
> >
> > > Thanks but no thanks, I don't have much time anymore to fiddle around
> with
> > > games.
> >
> > !!! :o  <picks self up off floor>
> >
> > > I'm determined to wow the school of creative and communicative arts
> > > with my literary and linguistical prowess, so lots of study nowadays.
> >
> > Um, well, it's not a full size game, you know... But, I
> > supposed you're right, studies should come first, huh?
> >
> > > Thanks heaps G, but I'll maybe end up getting it from ebay or something
> at
> > > the end of the year.
> > >
> > > Sorry but ta...mmm so tempting, so very very
> > > tempting......mmmmm...............but no! bad DC! bad!
> >
> > Surprising, coming from a TR fan who recently bemoaned not
> > being able to buy it locally. However, <looks over at
> > brand-new shrink-wrapped TRLA box>, if you're sure...
> > OK. <shrugs>
>
> *drools*....have you already bought it?

Yup! <enticingly waves box in the air> :)

> oh wow....well if you've already bought it, then yeah, email me and we can
> talk about it.
>
> ijwbin@yahoo.com.au
>
> Ta...

Twisted your arm, huh? OK... Just don't blame me for
missing any class work. ;)

Hmm... Now, if Shehi wants it too, I'll have to get another copy. :/
Oh well, things could be worse. At least there were two more copies
on the shelf a few days ago.

-- G
Anonymous
July 30, 2004 12:28:39 PM

McGrandpa wrote:

> Gary Mitchell wrote:
> > Dragoncarer wrote:
> >>
> >> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message

> >> Oh man I can't believe you're still going to all this trouble!
> >
> > Well, if I say I'll do something, I try to follow through. :)
> >
> >> Thanks but no thanks, I don't have much time anymore to fiddle
> >> around with games.
> >
> > !!! :o  <picks self up off floor>
> >
> >> I'm determined to wow the school of creative and communicative arts
> >> with my literary and linguistical prowess, so lots of study nowadays.
> >
> > Um, well, it's not a full size game, you know... But, I
> > supposed you're right, studies should come first, huh?
> >
> >> Thanks heaps G, but I'll maybe end up getting it from ebay or
> >> something at the end of the year.
> >>
> >> Sorry but ta...mmm so tempting, so very very
> >> tempting......mmmmm...............but no! bad DC! bad!
> >
> > Surprising, coming from a TR fan who recently bemoaned not
> > being able to buy it locally. However, <looks over at
> > brand-new shrink-wrapped TRLA box>, if you're sure...
> > OK. <shrugs>
> >
> > -- G
>
> 'Q' got me a copy of it, and I sure appreciate it of him. I'll tell you
> I appreciate what you did also. In case you'd like to move it on, I'd
> be glad to pay your costs for it Gary, send it to me. :)
> McG.

If no one wanted it after all, Fry's will take back software
provided it hasn't been opened. Thanks anyway.

Maybe this would be a good time to mention that people can buy
from Fry's on-line. www.outpost.com. I just did a search for
"Tomb Raider" and got this URL:
http://shop4.outpost.com/search?search_type=regular&sqx...

(Sorry if it got line-wrapped).

I don't see TRLA listed, but there *were* two more copies on the
shelf at the Fry's closest to me, and I'm almost certain they didn't
sell them already. So... ? Also, I don't know what their
international shipping options may be.

-- G
Anonymous
July 30, 2004 6:46:17 PM

"Cryptic Sas" <sas@do-not-spam.nl> wrote in message

> "Dungeonbunny" <Dungeonbunny@amuse-guele@isletsoflangerhan.org> schreef in
> bericht news:lE1Oc.24679$m63.13492@animal.nntpserver.com...
> >
> > "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
> >
> > <snips rejected Heroic deed>
> >
> > <hugs> you are a lovely person to go to that trouble, Gary :)
> >
> > DB
>
> 't Was indeed a heroic deed. TRLA is the most funnest TR ever... I *loved*
> it.
>
> DC doesn't know what he's rejecting... Me, I've played it, and I know what
> he's turning down. It was a very very very nice thing to do Gary :)
>
> <adds another hug>
>
> Sas

Well I didn't realise he'd gone and bought it!

Jeesh, do you all want to make me feel even more like a rude, arrognat
arsehole?

Thanks a bunch everyone.
Anonymous
July 30, 2004 6:46:18 PM

Dragoncarer wrote:

> "Cryptic Sas" <sas@do-not-spam.nl> wrote in message
> >
> > "Dungeonbunny" <Dungeonbunny@amuse-guele@isletsoflangerhan.org> schreef in
> > bericht news:lE1Oc.24679$m63.13492@animal.nntpserver.com...
> > >
> > > "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > <snips rejected Heroic deed>
> > >
> > > <hugs> you are a lovely person to go to that trouble, Gary :)
> > >
> > > DB
> >
> > 't Was indeed a heroic deed. TRLA is the most funnest TR ever... I *loved*
> > it.
> >
> > DC doesn't know what he's rejecting... Me, I've played it, and I know what
> > he's turning down. It was a very very very nice thing to do Gary :)
> >
> > <adds another hug>
> >
> > Sas
> >

> Well I didn't realise he'd gone and bought it!

LOL! :)

Well, I *hadn't* until I mentioned it just then.

> Jeesh, do you all want to make me feel even more like a rude, arrognat
> arsehole?
>
> Thanks a bunch everyone.

If it will make you feel better, I didn't go to Fry's on
purpose just for this, there were other things I wanted. :)

-- G
Anonymous
July 30, 2004 9:53:54 PM

> > > <hugs> you are a lovely person to go to that trouble, Gary :)
> > >
> > > DB
> >
> > 't Was indeed a heroic deed. TRLA is the most funnest TR ever... I
*loved*
> > it.
> >
> > DC doesn't know what he's rejecting... Me, I've played it, and I know
what
> > he's turning down. It was a very very very nice thing to do Gary :)
> >
> > <adds another hug>
> >
> > Sas
> >

> Well I didn't realise he'd gone and bought it!

I know sweetie :)

> Jeesh, do you all want to make me feel even more like a rude, arrognat
> arsehole?

Nooo, or we would have called you a rude arrogant arsehole, wouldn't we?
(Well, *I* would ;) )

> Thanks a bunch everyone.

<hugs DC too>

No worries man, I'd feel embarrassed too if I were you, realising he'd gone
ahead and done it...

Still, it was a sweet thing to do, and he really thought he was helping you
out.

Sas
Anonymous
August 1, 2004 12:22:42 AM

> Dragoncarer wrote:
> >
> > "Cryptic Sas" <sas@do-not-spam.nl> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Dungeonbunny" <Dungeonbunny@amuse-guele@isletsoflangerhan.org>
schreef in
> > > bericht news:lE1Oc.24679$m63.13492@animal.nntpserver.com...

> > > 't Was indeed a heroic deed. TRLA is the most funnest TR ever... I
*loved*
> > > it.
> > >
> > > DC doesn't know what he's rejecting... Me, I've played it, and I know
what
> > > he's turning down. It was a very very very nice thing to do Gary :)
> > >
> > > <adds another hug>
> > >
> > > Sas
> > >

> > Well I didn't realise he'd gone and bought it!
>
> LOL! :)
>
> Well, I *hadn't* until I mentioned it just then.
>
> > Jeesh, do you all want to make me feel even more like a rude, arrognat
> > arsehole?
> >
> > Thanks a bunch everyone.
>
> If it will make you feel better, I didn't go to Fry's on
> purpose just for this, there were other things I wanted. :)

yes it does *sniffles*. Thankyou.

> -- G
Anonymous
August 1, 2004 12:24:32 AM

> > > 't Was indeed a heroic deed. TRLA is the most funnest TR ever... I
> *loved*
> > > it.
> > >
> > > DC doesn't know what he's rejecting... Me, I've played it, and I know
> what
> > > he's turning down. It was a very very very nice thing to do Gary :)
> > >
> > > <adds another hug>
> > >
> > > Sas
> > >

> > Well I didn't realise he'd gone and bought it!
>
> I know sweetie :)
>
> > Jeesh, do you all want to make me feel even more like a rude, arrognat
> > arsehole?
>
> Nooo, or we would have called you a rude arrogant arsehole, wouldn't we?
> (Well, *I* would ;) )
>
> > Thanks a bunch everyone.
>

> <hugs DC too>

*shuns hug*

> No worries man, I'd feel embarrassed too if I were you, realising he'd
gone
> ahead and done it...
>
> Still, it was a sweet thing to do, and he really thought he was helping
you
> out.

Well, on the other hand, I didn't specifically ask Gary to buy it for me. He
went out a limb that wasn't necessarily asked for at all, especially
considering this is a public, internet forum.

> Sas

Anonymous
August 1, 2004 12:36:30 AM

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 20:24:32 +1000, "Dragoncarer" <dc@haha.noflames>
wrote:

[ ... excision ... ]

>Well, on the other hand, I didn't specifically ask Gary to buy it for me. He
>went out a limb that wasn't necessarily asked for at all, especially
>considering this is a public, internet forum.

I was pretty sure I'd recalled you leaping for joy when Gary offered
to find a copy for you. Does this post/thread ring any bells?

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&thre...

And it was only in early July ...

- AG

"We are two countries separated by a common language"
George Bernard Shaw, on England and America
Anonymous
August 1, 2004 9:17:12 AM

Gary Mitchell <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message news:<4108B25A.3F317CE0@ix.nospam.netcom.com>...
> Shehi wrote:
> >
> > Gary Mitchell <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message news:<4107666B.9DDF8F97@ix.nospam.netcom.com>...

> you
> NoCd

> > > OK, Fry's came through. They have TRLA for the PC, boxed version.
> > > It's only $10 US (less tax & shipping). We should take this off
> > > the NG. Remove "nospam" from my address, let's talk. :)
> > >
> > > -- G
> >
> > I am interested in that... How much would it cost, totally - shipping
> > to Eastern Europe, Turkey, Istanbul?
> >
> > Shehi
> > TRComm.Net
>
> My out-of-pocket cost is $10.72, including tax. (all amounts are
> U.S. dollars.) Shipping to Turkey? Well, I haven't packaged it
> up yet, but let's say it weighs one pound...
>
> According to the postage calculator on the US postal web site, Air
> Parcel Post would be $16 (up to 10 days) and Surface Parcel Post
> would be $21.75 (up to 6 weeks). I don't understand *that*, the
> slower method should be cheaper.
>
> Do you mind paying more in postage than what it costs? :/
>
> -- G

Hi again,

30$ for TRLA? Don't you think it is too expensive for it? Sorry, gotta
bypass this :(

HAPPY RAIDING!

Shehi
Tomb Raider Community Webmaster
http://www.trcomm.net
http://www.tombraidercommunity.com
http://www.pcgamesdb.com/tombraider
Anonymous
August 2, 2004 10:22:21 AM

Shehi wrote:

> Gary Mitchell <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message news:<4108B25A.3F317CE0@ix.nospam.netcom.com>...
> > Shehi wrote:

> > you
> > NoCd

> > > I am interested in that... How much would it cost, totally - shipping
> > > to Eastern Europe, Turkey, Istanbul?
> > >
> > > Shehi
> > > TRComm.Net
> >
> > My out-of-pocket cost is $10.72, including tax. (all amounts are
> > U.S. dollars.) Shipping to Turkey? Well, I haven't packaged it
> > up yet, but let's say it weighs one pound...
> >
> > According to the postage calculator on the US postal web site, Air
> > Parcel Post would be $16 (up to 10 days) and Surface Parcel Post
> > would be $21.75 (up to 6 weeks). I don't understand *that*, the
> > slower method should be cheaper.
> >
> > Do you mind paying more in postage than what it costs? :/
> >
> > -- G
>
> Hi again,
>
> 30$ for TRLA? Don't you think it is too expensive for it? Sorry, gotta
> bypass this :(

I understand. Unfortunately, shipping costs are out of my control.
(By the way, when TRLA first came out, it sold for $20.)

-- G

> HAPPY RAIDING!
>
> Shehi
> Tomb Raider Community Webmaster
> http://www.trcomm.net
> http://www.tombraidercommunity.com
> http://www.pcgamesdb.com/tombraider
Anonymous
August 4, 2004 6:46:47 AM

> > > Well I didn't realise he'd gone and bought it!
> >
> > I know sweetie :)
> >
> > > Jeesh, do you all want to make me feel even more like a rude, arrognat
> > > arsehole?
> >
> > Nooo, or we would have called you a rude arrogant arsehole, wouldn't we?
> > (Well, *I* would ;) )
> >
> > > Thanks a bunch everyone.
> >

> > <hugs DC too>
>
> *shuns hug*

oh kay.....

That'll teach me eh?
Anonymous
August 4, 2004 11:49:02 AM

Cryptic Sas wrote:

> > > I know sweetie :)

> > > Nooo, or we would have called you a rude arrogant arsehole, wouldn't we?
> > > (Well, *I* would ;) )

> > > <hugs DC too>
> >
> > *shuns hug*
>
> oh kay.....
>
> That'll teach me eh?

Well, if *he* doesn't want it, I'll take it. ;)

-- G
Anonymous
August 5, 2004 12:02:09 AM

> > > *shuns hug*
> >
> > oh kay.....
> >
> > That'll teach me eh?
>
> Well, if *he* doesn't want it, I'll take it. ;)
>
> -- G

No I reclaim it now, so...*raspberry*
!