CPU upgrade help

I was going to upgrade my AMD athlon x2 5050e 2.6 CPU to a phenom x4 940 but apparently im getting a mixed answer on if my motherboard can support it or not my motherboard is
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01635688&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3870515
let me know what u guys think.(if it cant work whats the best possible processor i can get thats better then my dual core?)
4 answers Last reply
More about upgrade help
  1. It looks like it only supports the first generation Phenom processors. You arent going to find anything clocked too much higher than your current one, but you can pick up a 9950 which will give you a quad, you can get the OEM versions for either $157 or $86 depending on if its the 125W version of the 140W version.
  2. So do i need the 125w or the 140w? i dont really care about the more expensive one i just need to get it to work. And would i see a performance upgrade if i upgraded to a quad from a dual?
  3. Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

The 125W i don't think that the mobo support 140W CPU. The quad core give u more performance in multi task and some games.

Phenom X4 9950
  4. At those prices, getting a new mobo and an Athlon X4 might just be better..
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Motherboards Product