PC can not recognize Seagate Internal Hard drive

I have been using a software to delete duplicates that were on the seagate external portable drive, now the pc will not recognize the storage unit, what can I do to save the info on the drive?
3 answers Last reply
More about recognize seagate internal hard drive
  1. Your topic says can't recognize an internal drive, then you reference an external drive.

If you have a free sata port on the motherboard, you can remove the drive from it's enclosure and mount it internally and see if it works. This will void any warranties if the drive is still new.
  2. Melllaaa said:
    I have been using a software to delete duplicates that were on the seagate external portable drive, now the pc will not recognize the storage unit, what can I do to save the info on the drive?

I have met a similar situation before. You may download a free iCare data recovery. Connect your seagate external portable drive to the pc firstly, and launch the software. It will help to scan the info you need. Specify and store them in a new memory card. Hope it will help you.
  3. smithmendy said:
    I have met a similar situation before. You may download a free iCare data recovery. Connect your seagate external portable drive to the pc firstly, and launch the software. It will help to scan the info you need. Specify and store them in a new memory card. Hope it will help you.

Or you may try another PC to see whether it would work on another PC. If not, your Seagate external portable drive may have been damaged.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Seagate Storage