• Drivers
  • Light
  • External Hard Drive
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
October 27, 2011 4:37:54 PM

Hello,
I have a external hard drive 500 G
the light is but I can not read , I try many different usb slot , and different comp still not read it . Is any one know how ?PLS

More about : fix external hard drive

a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
October 27, 2011 6:27:48 PM

Charlie Do said:
Hello,
the light is but I can not read , I try many different usb slot , and different comp still not read it . Is any one know how ?PLS

Does the drive show in My Computer ?

Have you checked in device manager for error ?
m
l
October 27, 2011 6:49:56 PM

u can't read means, the contents inside the HDD or even the HDD don't appear in the computer.

is warranty still remaining?

also check the usb cable.
m
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
October 27, 2011 6:53:27 PM

Hello... does an ICON appear in my computer when plugged in?
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
October 27, 2011 7:03:23 PM

Charlie Do said:
Hello,

I previously did not see that you tried reading it with different computer.

Then it is the drive, or that cheap little circuit card inside the enclosure.
I am betting it is the circuit card. Enclosure are cheap. Buy another one and insert the drive.
m
l
October 27, 2011 7:18:04 PM

Ive had this happen to me once when I pulled the driver files out from the base of the drive, the computer then did not know how to handle the device that converted the SATA port to USB and it would not boot.

I had to take the drive out and plug it into my computer, Windows then repaired it with a Scan Disk and it was able to be read. I moved the driver files back to the base of the drive and it worked just fine when I put it back together.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 27, 2011 7:56:27 PM

right click my computer and select manage and check to see if the disk shows up in the disk manager, if it does it may need repartitioning if it doesn't show then it might be dead, also check to see if it spins up by listening to the disc while being plugged in, if the drive is not getting enough power from the usb port it will not spin up or make a clicking noise, and you may need a double usb connector cable.
m
l
November 3, 2011 12:07:46 PM

I Try many ways , check on manage all they didn't show . the icon on compt , also I hear clicking but not thing show up .
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
November 3, 2011 1:01:41 PM

Charlie Do said:
I Try many ways , check on manage all they didn't show . the icon on compt , also I hear clicking but not thing show up .

If you have PC, cable it as secondary/slave drive, internally. Set jumpers for secondary/slave to see if you can access it.

Otherwise, like I said before, buy another enclosure and put it in.
m
l
!