About My AMD Turion X2 RM70 Speed

jevums

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
i Using compaq CQ40-125AX around 1 year already. first month i check my current speed using http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri to check what game that i can play. that time my current speed is 3.90 GhZ. but now using the same method my speed down to 3.2 GhZ only. what is my computer problem?

Someone responsible should tell him it doesn't work like that before he embarrasses himself.

But that sounds right. 3.2/2=1.6 and 3.9/2= 1.95, which is close enough to 2GHz taking into account rounding and a slightly off base clock.

Anyway, he should have a gander at this:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/284126-28-showing-correct-speeds

But if the second measurement was also while the CPU was loaded, then we have an issue.

loneninja

Distinguished
As someone who has actually used systemrequirements in the past, I can say it's a terrible place to test a system. Here is what it says about my processor, and I've seen these numbers vary before between different game titles.

CPU Speed
Minimum: 1.0 Ghz
You Have: 3.50 GHz Performance Rated at: 7 GHz

That's on an Athlon II X4 630 that's overclocked, and I ran the test for Unreal Tournament 2004.

There is nothing wrong with the computer, it's the website. It tries to estimate what your processor would be rated as compared to a P4, your processor never ran above 3.0Ghz.

loneninja

Distinguished
It may be limited to 1 cpu core, but the L4D2 bench gave the same cpu speed numbers. The site is good for checking system requirements but terrible at determining if your computer will run a game. I've seen it say me/my friends can't run things which our systems handled fine and things it said we could run that simply wouldn't. lol

jevums

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
thanks for the reply. i actual new in computer i really don't know what are dual core or etc. one friend suggest that i go to that site. The "Performance Rated at" that make me confuse about my computer speed. thank for the info.