Faster! faster!

Googlybear

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
i bought a quad core from dell and they gave me a graphics card that isn't worthy of the system. currently it takes almost 3 seconds to go full screen with my media center. i would like a great bang-for- my-buck graphics card that unleashes more of my system's potential. hopefully, i can find a decent one on ebay. all reccomendations are appreciated! thanks for your time!

Googlybear

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010

my monitor is a dell E207WFP. it's the 20"er.

the cpu is the i7-920 processor.

i don't do anything special in particular with my computer. i would simply prefer that it didn't cough whenever i go to full screen with my media center. and to bring up my overall computer rating. i want something snappier.

as for my budget, things are pretty tight here. i'm a single man with a single income trying to pay off a huge hospital bill. i had a surgery with no insurance. but i am fine. just poor.

Googlybear

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
my friend, i am running a 4350 on it. perhaps not the one you offered me to see. is there a difference that you know of? meaning is there a more retarded version of the 4350 installed in my computer? best guess?

The power supply that comes with the DEll is sized to the components it ships with. It is not big enough to support graphics card in the upper midrange to high range for gaming. It will though support cards like HD5570 and HD5670 that are lower end gaming cards with excellent video playback and HD decoding since they are very power efficient.

notty22

Distinguished
That power # is for the whole system , friend :)

Dell's psu's are of good quality.

Here is a interesting review of a cooler master 400 watt psu. Cooler master uses different makers for its psu's. http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/975 The 400 watt tested in that article gets the job done and is sold for 25.00 :) . My point is Dell gives a decent psu to avoid dealing with warranty costs. Its a good business decision.

Googlybear

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
thank you all. i believe i have enough to go on. i appreciate your expertise! i'll most likely go with the 5570. it seems it should just snap in for an easy upgrade. and i think my power supply will be sufficient for the task. if i am wrong with that, let me know. otherwise, good day all!

Latest posts