HTPC Streaming video

cripp7

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
I've built a HTPC with a Blu-Ray player and it plays great, however I want the pc on the other side of the room. Without running an HDMI cable across the room, is it possible to stream the signal wireless? I don't want to lose video quality. Any ideas?
cripp

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
I think there are some things that do that, but they're all either prototypes, expensive or have lots of lag. Just for watching that's not important but I play games on mine too.

As such I've discounted such things as useless and don't remember any names. But they do/will exist.

Alternatively use a better case that looks more like any old item you'd have over there. (I use a cooler master elite 360.) Why is it that you want to move it?

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
All that you are looking for is a media extender? I thought that xboxes and ps3s would do this with Win7, and so would other Win7 machines. I know that you can stream wirelessly, especially over wireless n, but I think it will work over gas well.

cripp7

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
That's the thing, I can't have the computer connected to the TV. I'm disabled and use DragonDicate to voice control everything, I'm using IR Command software along with an USB UIRT IR to control all my components, the problem being is if I move the PC under the TV I don't have a way to use the microphone. I tried a wireless USB hub, but the speed was horrible and wouldn't even pick up the mic. I don't want to spend hundreds on a wireless mic, non headset or bluetooth, because I'm in bed. ATM, I'm using a logitech boom mic that I sit next to my pillow which works great. Having an ear piece would be uncomfortable when turning my head.