Help with custom level

I'm playing a TRLE custom level called "The Lost Valley" by Jun Munakata .
I'm stuck in the dreaded 2 spiked pits area. The one with all the sloping
blocks that have to be jumped a certain way so you can supposedly get high
enough to grab the structure hanging from the ceiling.

I consider myself at least fairly good at these maneuvers but just can not
seem to get this one.

WaltinVt
8 answers Last reply
More about help custom level
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > I'm playing a TRLE custom level called "The Lost Valley" by Jun Munakata .
    > I'm stuck in the dreaded 2 spiked pits area. The one with all the sloping
    > blocks that have to be jumped a certain way so you can supposedly get high
    > enough to grab the structure hanging from the ceiling.
    >
    > I consider myself at least fairly good at these maneuvers but just can not
    > seem to get this one.

    Can Lara jump back and forth between the blocks? If so, you can press left
    or right while Lara is jumping to move her along. There was a sequence like
    this in TR3 (gold) where Lara has to shoot a bell while jumping back and
    forth across two sloped ledges.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Yea, I've tried that. It's a hard area to explain to anyone that hasn't
    played the level but there are a bunch of sloping blocks, mostly with the
    slopes facing toward the center of the area where there are 2 or 3 spiked
    pits. The object is to get across the cavern by a series of jumps, slides,
    shimmies & back-flips to reach an area near the top of the cave where you
    can then grab the ceiling and monkey climb across.

    I've played every commercial level of TR but never ran into anything this
    difficult. Some of these custom levels are really great.
    WaltinVt

    "Jeff Reid" <noone@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > > I'm playing a TRLE custom level called "The Lost Valley" by Jun Munakata
    ..
    > > I'm stuck in the dreaded 2 spiked pits area. The one with all the
    sloping
    > > blocks that have to be jumped a certain way so you can supposedly get
    high
    > > enough to grab the structure hanging from the ceiling.
    > >
    > > I consider myself at least fairly good at these maneuvers but just can
    not
    > > seem to get this one.
    >
    > Can Lara jump back and forth between the blocks? If so, you can press left
    > or right while Lara is jumping to move her along. There was a sequence
    like
    > this in TR3 (gold) where Lara has to shoot a bell while jumping back and
    > forth across two sloped ledges.

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Walt Mather" <waltinvt@lostinvt.net> wrote in message
    > Yea, I've tried that. It's a hard area to explain to anyone that hasn't
    > played the level but there are a bunch of sloping blocks, mostly with the
    > slopes facing toward the center of the area where there are 2 or 3 spiked
    > pits. The object is to get across the cavern by a series of jumps,
    slides,
    > shimmies & back-flips to reach an area near the top of the cave where you
    > can then grab the ceiling and monkey climb across.
    >
    > I've played every commercial level of TR but never ran into anything this
    > difficult. Some of these custom levels are really great.
    > WaltinVt
    >
    > "Jeff Reid" <noone@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > > > I'm playing a TRLE custom level called "The Lost Valley" by Jun
    Munakata
    > .
    > > > I'm stuck in the dreaded 2 spiked pits area. The one with all the
    > sloping
    > > > blocks that have to be jumped a certain way so you can supposedly get
    > high
    > > > enough to grab the structure hanging from the ceiling.
    > > >
    > > > I consider myself at least fairly good at these maneuvers but just can
    > not
    > > > seem to get this one.
    > >
    > > Can Lara jump back and forth between the blocks? If so, you can press
    left
    > > or right while Lara is jumping to move her along. There was a sequence
    > like
    > > this in TR3 (gold) where Lara has to shoot a bell while jumping back and
    > > forth across two sloped ledges.

    Hi Walt

    Have you tried http://www.tr-resurrection.de/mprager/forum.cgi?forum=2
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Yes. Thanks. I even posted there today. There's not much there about that
    particular area other than what's in the walkthrough.
    Walt

    "Sue Cormack" <Sue@vcormack.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "Walt Mather" <waltinvt@lostinvt.net> wrote in message
    > > Yea, I've tried that. It's a hard area to explain to anyone that hasn't
    > > played the level but there are a bunch of sloping blocks, mostly with
    the
    > > slopes facing toward the center of the area where there are 2 or 3
    spiked
    > > pits. The object is to get across the cavern by a series of jumps,
    > slides,
    > > shimmies & back-flips to reach an area near the top of the cave where
    you
    > > can then grab the ceiling and monkey climb across.
    > >
    > > I've played every commercial level of TR but never ran into anything
    this
    > > difficult. Some of these custom levels are really great.
    > > WaltinVt
    > >
    > > "Jeff Reid" <noone@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Munakata
    > > .
    > > sloping
    > > high

    > > not
    > > >
    > > > Can Lara jump back and forth between the blocks? If so, you can press
    > left
    > > > or right while Lara is jumping to move her along. There was a sequence
    > > like
    > > > this in TR3 (gold) where Lara has to shoot a bell while jumping back
    and
    > > > forth across two sloped ledges.
    > > >

    > Hi Walt
    >
    > Have you tried http://www.tr-resurrection.de/mprager/forum.cgi?forum=2

  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Sue Cormack" <Sue@vcormack.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "Walt Mather" <waltinvt@lostinvt.net> wrote in message
    > > Yea, I've tried that. It's a hard area to explain to anyone that hasn't
    > > played the level but there are a bunch of sloping blocks, mostly with
    the
    > > slopes facing toward the center of the area where there are 2 or 3
    spiked
    > > pits. The object is to get across the cavern by a series of jumps,
    > slides,
    > > shimmies & back-flips to reach an area near the top of the cave where
    you
    > > can then grab the ceiling and monkey climb across.
    > >
    > > I've played every commercial level of TR but never ran into anything
    this
    > > difficult. Some of these custom levels are really great.
    > > WaltinVt
    > >
    > > "Jeff Reid" <noone@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Munakata
    > > .
    > > sloping
    > > high

    > > not
    > > >
    > > > Can Lara jump back and forth between the blocks? If so, you can press
    > left
    > > > or right while Lara is jumping to move her along. There was a sequence
    > > like
    > > > this in TR3 (gold) where Lara has to shoot a bell while jumping back
    and
    > > > forth across two sloped ledges.
    > > >

    > Hi Walt
    >
    > Have you tried http://www.tr-resurrection.de/mprager/forum.cgi?forum=2

    Sorry, also meant to say, type your level name (the Lost Valley) in the
    search facility, should give you lots of help:)
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Sorry again !!! Just seen your post on said forum! The gang there are good
    at trying to help, I'm sure you'll get there in the end:) (I have played
    this one , but along time ago, I'll keep searching my memory banks for the
    answer!)

    > "Sue Cormack" <Sue@vcormack.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Walt Mather" <waltinvt@lostinvt.net> wrote in message
    > > > Yea, I've tried that. It's a hard area to explain to anyone that
    hasn't
    > > > played the level but there are a bunch of sloping blocks, mostly with
    > the
    > > > slopes facing toward the center of the area where there are 2 or 3
    > spiked
    > > > pits. The object is to get across the cavern by a series of jumps,
    > > slides,
    > > > shimmies & back-flips to reach an area near the top of the cave where
    > you
    > > > can then grab the ceiling and monkey climb across.
    > > >
    > > > I've played every commercial level of TR but never ran into anything
    > this
    > > > difficult. Some of these custom levels are really great.
    > > > WaltinVt
    > > >
    > > > "Jeff Reid" <noone@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > > Munakata
    > > > .
    > > > sloping
    > get
    > > > high

    > can
    > > > not

    > > left
    > > > like
    > and
    > > > >

    > > Hi Walt
    > >
    > > Have you tried http://www.tr-resurrection.de/mprager/forum.cgi?forum=2
    > >

    > Sorry, also meant to say, type your level name (the Lost Valley) in the
    > search facility, should give you lots of help:)

  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Thanks again Sue,
    Hopefully someone will be able to point out what I'm doing wrong. Meanwhile
    I'll plug away. Oh, I even emailed the game author today, so who knows,
    maybe he'll get back to me.

    > Sorry again !!! Just seen your post on said forum! The gang there are
    good
    > at trying to help, I'm sure you'll get there in the end:) (I have played
    > this one , but along time ago, I'll keep searching my memory banks for the
    > answer!)
    >
    > "Sue Cormack" <Sue@vcormack.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Sue Cormack" <Sue@vcormack.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "Walt Mather" <waltinvt@lostinvt.net> wrote in message
    > hasn't
    > > the
    > > spiked
    > > > slides,
    > > you

    > > this

    > > > Munakata
    > > get

    > > can

    > press
    > > > left
    > sequence
    > > and
    > > > > >

    > > > Hi Walt
    > > >
    > > > Have you tried
    http://www.tr-resurrection.de/mprager/forum.cgi?forum=2

    > > Sorry, also meant to say, type your level name (the Lost Valley) in the
    > > search facility, should give you lots of help:)

  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    <snip>

    >Thanks again Sue,
    >Hopefully someone will be able to point out what I'm doing wrong.
    Meanwhile
    >I'll plug away. Oh, I even emailed the game author today, so who knows,
    >maybe he'll get back to me.
    >Walt

    OK Walt keep going!!. I'll look on the forum to see how your doing - let
    us know, good luck;)
    Sue.

Games Video Games