Sign in with
Your question

P67 Motherboard Availability

Last response: in Motherboards
February 5, 2011 6:38:32 PM

My current PC crapped out, so I would like to build a new one centered around Sandy Bridge. Unfortunately, the day before I was going to order my parts, specifically the motherboard, Intel issued its recall notice. Since then I have been unable to find a vendor still carrying the 'faulty' motherboards.

I was wondering if any of you knew of a vendor still carrying these motherboards and if you could point me in the right direction.

I understand that the problem lies only with the Cougar chipset and that there is a chance that performance on the 3-Gbps SATA ports could possibly degrade over the course of two or three years. But, because I am without a PC, which is somewhat of a necessity, I need to build this system as soon as possible and can't wait until April for the fixed motherboards. I plan to connect the HDDs to the 6-Gbps SATA connectors and an optical drive on one of the 3-Gbps connectors. I am willing to take the risk that the performance on those ports may degrade over time, but am also willing to upgrade when and if that happens. I just need something now and don't want to go with older generation stuff on a new build.

Any leads or insight that any of you could provide would be much appreciated. Thank you!
February 5, 2011 7:06:57 PM

What are we talking for price range? or components that you would want?

Throwing up a Google shopping search of "p67 motherboard" got me some pretty good results, gonna have to poke through which ones have them in stock to the ones who don't still.
m
l
February 6, 2011 12:06:06 AM

I am in the market as well but will have to wait until Intel gets things figured out.
m
l
Related resources
February 6, 2011 12:31:48 AM

I've done Google shopping searches for various motherboards, and get quite a few results. Unfortunately, when you go to the vendors site, the items are out of stock, presumably pulled from the shelves due to the faulty Cougar chipset. Was hoping that someone knew of an online retailer that hasn't pulled their stock from the shelves.

I was looking at the ASRock P67 Extreme 4 motherboard before the announcement and would probably like to continue to go with that one. It was going for around $180.

Thanks for taking the time to rely and helping me look into it. It's much appreciated.
m
l
February 6, 2011 1:44:35 AM

Amazon has some MSI and Biostar boards left. Just ordered one. They are running low though. There are only 3 of the Biostar boards I ordered left.

Ebay and beachaudio.com have some as well. tigerdirect has the p8p67 at a jacked up price.
m
l
February 24, 2011 3:59:21 AM

I found a good P67 CrossfireX for 145.00 here they still have stock and they ship fast I think they only have 23 left.
m
l
February 24, 2011 12:31:33 PM

MaddogOSU said:
My current PC crapped out, so I would like to build a new one centered around Sandy Bridge. Unfortunately, the day before I was going to order my parts, specifically the motherboard, Intel issued its recall notice. Since then I have been unable to find a vendor still carrying the 'faulty' motherboards.

I was wondering if any of you knew of a vendor still carrying these motherboards and if you could point me in the right direction.

I understand that the problem lies only with the Cougar chipset and that there is a chance that performance on the 3-Gbps SATA ports could possibly degrade over the course of two or three years. But, because I am without a PC, which is somewhat of a necessity, I need to build this system as soon as possible and can't wait until April for the fixed motherboards. I plan to connect the HDDs to the 6-Gbps SATA connectors and an optical drive on one of the 3-Gbps connectors. I am willing to take the risk that the performance on those ports may degrade over time, but am also willing to upgrade when and if that happens. I just need something now and don't want to go with older generation stuff on a new build.

Any leads or insight that any of you could provide would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Hi MaddogOSU :hello:  ...Which country do you live in for a start...I have come late into this thread,but I hope not too late :)  ...
m
l
February 24, 2011 12:47:08 PM

If you live in Sydney,Australia or don't mind the idea of getting a courier to deliver your parcel,then PC DIY have got some P67 based boards left...I was there just yesterday buying a few wireless microsoft keyboards & a new Asus P8P67 mainboard plus at another place an el cheapo HP multifunction printer for $48- at officeworks...Anyway at PC DIY you can still get the Asus P8P67,Pro & the Le...In Gigabyte you can still get the P67 UD7 I think it was,for $367- I think...Also below the mid range type of Gigabyte P67 boards plus some MSI I seen also,but I did not take much notice of them since I wanted the Asus P8P67 Deluxe actually & they did not have it,so I got the Asus P8P67 board instead...Also at KS Computers at stanmore,Parramatta Rd,Sydney they have some Gigabyte boards left also,but they where only about the mid range & lower models (2 actual models left only)...Anyway at PC DIY they told me that I can phone them up at the end of April to find out about when to return the old cougar chipset boards so I can get a new revision replacement board...
m
l
!