My computer shutsdown by itself.

Hello,
My computer shutsdown by itself after running for only 1 or 2 minutes. Replaced the power supply..no help! Attempting to install new hard drive now but can't load XP O.S. as it keeps shutting down during install. What else can I check? Thanks:
7 answers Last reply
More about computer shutsdown itself
  1. sounds like some sort of short circuit or something is getting too hot
  2. Could also be the PSU on its way out.
  3. your cpu might be getting too hot, reapply the thermal-paste between your heatsink and the cpu, and remove any dust clotting in the heatsink, also check weather the fans are running at normal speeds.
  4. Timop said:
    Could also be the PSU on its way out.

love that. He just said he replaced the psu.

yeah probably overheating, but I would try running speedfan in those few minutes before it shuts down and see which part is having the issues. GL
  5. kyle382 said:
    love that. He just said he replaced the psu.

yeah probably overheating, but I would try running speedfan in those few minutes before it shuts down and see which part is having the issues. GL

I'm sorry but I didnt not see that. The human eye makes a mistake some times XD.
    Will Edit, but the thing is he still could have got a bad/insuffiecient PSU.
  6. no offense homie just making an observate.

Indeed I recently saw the light of spending good money on a PSU and getting what u pay for. Corsair pwnz the bbq on this 1. Get up on it.
  7. Seasonic/XFX/Antec are top notch also. XD
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Power Supplies Computer