Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

New motherboard help

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
February 5, 2011 9:27:57 PM

So i bought a new motherboard from newegg a week ago and it is the A770E3 motherboard. The problem that im having is that i wanted to test the motherboard so i put the cpu on it (amd athlon II) and powered the motherboard without RAM and without video card but there is NO beep or anything but the CPU fan works and also if i connect any usb devices in the motherboard's usb ports they wont work... does this means that the motherboard is bad or that i need to put ram and then test it?? please help im new to thisss

thanks..

More about : motherboard

a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
February 5, 2011 9:32:35 PM

Wait till you have all the parts before powering it up. What's the point?
m
0
l
February 5, 2011 9:36:09 PM

But isnt the motherboard suppose to beep or something because of the RAM? i've heard that if the motherboard doesnt beep then something could be wrong either with the Power supply or the motherboard itself...
m
0
l
Related resources
February 5, 2011 9:38:35 PM

another thing is that i already put the motherboard in the case since the only parts missing are the ram and the video card... is that bad?
m
0
l
February 5, 2011 9:55:58 PM

geekapproved said:
Wait till you have all the parts before powering it up. What's the point?


read!
m
0
l
a c 208 V Motherboard
a c 199 à CPUs
February 5, 2011 10:43:46 PM

lozada413 said:
But isnt the motherboard suppose to beep or something because of the RAM?


Only if ya connect it to the case speaker....or add one

http://www.cwc-group.com/casp.html

m
0
l
February 5, 2011 10:46:16 PM

i did but it doesnt beep thats why im worried =/
m
0
l
February 5, 2011 11:30:02 PM

OKAYYY SO I PUT ONE PC SPEAKER IN THE MOTHERBOARD AND TURNED ON THE SYSTEM BUT IT DOESNT BEEP SO DOES THAT MEAN THAT THE MOTHERBOARD OR THE CPU IS FRIED?????
m
0
l
February 6, 2011 2:01:45 AM

Yes, you should pack it all up, send it back and tell them it does not work properly when there is no ram or video card in there.
m
0
l
February 6, 2011 10:44:49 AM

Dradran said:
Yes, you should pack it all up, send it back and tell them it does not work properly when there is no ram or video card in there.


Not funny... i just wanna know if its okay for my motherboard to not beep without the ram and the gpu
m
0
l
February 6, 2011 3:11:18 PM

lozada413 said:
Not funny... i just wanna know if its okay for my motherboard to not beep without the ram and the gpu


You could send an email to Newegg Tech Support or Biostar and ask them if a machine with no video card or memory should beep. I think you will get the same answer as the previous posters. Wait till you get all the parts then try.

m
0
l
February 6, 2011 4:32:39 PM

Dradran said:
You could send an email to Newegg Tech Support or Biostar and ask them if a machine with no video card or memory should beep. I think you will get the same answer as the previous posters. Wait till you get all the parts then try.


okayy thanks
m
0
l
!