New motherboard help

lozada413

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011
So i bought a new motherboard from newegg a week ago and it is the A770E3 motherboard. The problem that im having is that i wanted to test the motherboard so i put the cpu on it (amd athlon II) and powered the motherboard without RAM and without video card but there is NO beep or anything but the CPU fan works and also if i connect any usb devices in the motherboard's usb ports they wont work... does this means that the motherboard is bad or that i need to put ram and then test it?? please help im new to thisss

thanks..

lozada413

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011
But isnt the motherboard suppose to beep or something because of the RAM? i've heard that if the motherboard doesnt beep then something could be wrong either with the Power supply or the motherboard itself...

lozada413

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011

Not funny... i just wanna know if its okay for my motherboard to not beep without the ram and the gpu

Dradran

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011

You could send an email to Newegg Tech Support or Biostar and ask them if a machine with no video card or memory should beep. I think you will get the same answer as the previous posters. Wait till you get all the parts then try.

lozada413

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011

okayy thanks