Sign in with
Your question

If you have a bunch of text broken into paragraphs and the paragraphs are number

Last response: in Windows XP
February 6, 2013 11:49:57 PM

if you have a bunch of text broken into paragraphs and the paragraphs are numbered by non-sequential auto-paragraph numbering, is there a way to change the format (i.e. font) of the text and simulataneously make the same change to the para numbers without changing the numbers?
February 7, 2013 3:57:59 AM

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

You can change the format of all the text in the document to the same font and size by highlighting all the text using Control and A then selecting the font and size form the Format menu.

Did you actually want non-sequential numbering and how on earth did you achieve that automatically? :D 

m
l
February 13, 2013 11:20:10 PM

needcomphelp said:
if you have a bunch of text broken into paragraphs and the paragraphs are numbered by non-sequential auto-paragraph numbering, is there a way to change the format (i.e. font) of the text and simulataneously make the same change to the para numbers without changing the numbers?

you can do non-sequential numbering by right clicking and hitting 'set numbering value".

i cant change it using control A b/c doing that knocks the auto-numbering out of wack.

thanks anyway

J
m
l
!