Sign in with
Your question

IDE HDD and SATA HDD not showing up in My Computer

Last response: in Systems
May 19, 2010 5:19:28 AM

Hello
I just put together this computer, and after installing the OS on my main HDD, in My Computer it doesn't show the other two drives, one is a SATA and one is an IDE HDD, they both have stuff on it, I see the Western Digital (SATA) in control panel when go to the partition manager, It is labeled as Blank, I did a search here on the forums and read a topic that said to go to folder options and Disable [Hide blank drives]. but Still not showing up in my computer.

thanks

Also the CPU fan is kind of loud is this normal?

Using AMD Phenom II 955 BE (stock speeds with stock fan). and Speedfan and Coretemp are reporting about 40-42C on installing WoW in background. SpeedFan shows about 30% CPU load, are these temps ok? can I improve them without buying a new cpu cooler

Edit: Got all the front problems solved.
a b B Homebuilt system
May 19, 2010 4:30:48 PM

Fan speed can be manually controller with speed fan. Read the instructions that come with the software carefully as there are BIOS changes necessary to enable manual control. Obviously the higher the fan speed the cooler your CPU will be, but it'll also be louder.

Kinda, hard to tell what kinda loud means so no way for us to say if it's good or not.

Temps are fine.
m
l
May 20, 2010 12:41:13 AM

I took out the the two additional hard drives, but now when I start up my computer it won't start Windows.

When it says Loading Operating System....
After that it says Boot from CD/DVD : Disk Boot Failure, Insert System disk and press enter.

What did I do wrong please help..
m
l
!