How to compress .mkv files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dopey117

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2010
So I have about 1.4TB of movies, TV shows, etc. I would like to compress the files and backup some of them to another hard drive in case something happens. Trouble is that most of the files are .mkv and it doesnt seem like they can be compressed. I tried running 7z against them using both .zip and .7z formats and multiple settings but the archived files always end up the same size as the original. I know it is something to do with the .mkv format because a couple shows were in .avi and I was able to compress those without issue. Just wondering if there is anything I can do here to backup and store these files?

Thanks

newbeginningboy

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
Just google search Step by Step Guide on How to Compress Video MKV, AVI, MP4, MPEG, WMV, MOV, FLV, VOB

You will find a step by step guide on how to compress MKV, MPEG, AVI, MP4, WMV, MOV, VOB, FLV, MPEG2 and more video

grahambuddhenry

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012

The following will introduce a step by step guide on how to compress MKV, MPEG, AVI, MP4, WMV, MOV, VOB, FLV, MPEG2 and more video with the help of the powerful Video Compressor at http://videoconverter-software.blogspot.com/2012/12/how-to-compress-video-avi-mp4-mpeg-mkv.html

Status
Not open for further replies.