Help finding motherboard for these parts, C2Q q9550

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryder57

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
I am looking to upgrade my mobo to a board that can be overclocked.I am noob :eek: ,watch me stumble and flail,what would be the best motherboard for this CPU , with a price around 250+ (Canadain Currency).
This will be a light gaming build.I will be playing around with overclocking, cpu,gpu,ram,etc: Any help would be greatly appreciated,any mobo I seem to choose is no longer being stocked,HELP!PLS :eek: ATX form Factor
Will be Xfireing in the future,if really needed.Cannot think of anything more to add,THANKS to all who respond.

PARTS LIST SO FAR:
CPU- Intel C2Q q9550
RAM- 8GB-G.Skill F3-10666 CL7D-4x2GB DDR3-1333 CL7-7-7-21 1.5V Memory
GPU- XFX Radeon HD 6850 Black Edtion 820 MHZ 4400GHZ 1GB GDDR5
PSU- XFX 850W Black Edtion, Single Rail, Semi Modular,ATX 12V 70A 24 Pin 80+Silver
OS - MS Vista Home Premium 64-Bit
1 DVD RW Drive BD-Rom
750 GB HDD

Solution
D
LGA 775 is a bit outdated now and good boards are hard to find.
Look for P45 chipset boards from Gigabyte or Asus for the best especially if you want to overclock.
These can be hard to find because as I said earlier LGA 775 is a dead or obsolete socket. Kind of sucks that good boards are so hard to find now because even though it is a "dead" socket it is still on par with top of the line AMD offerings and still a pretty decent system especially with a Q9550.
If you do NOT have any parts yet then DO NOT build LGA 775. You can do so much better.
Welcome to the Forum!

Here are plenty of choices (LGA 775) for you: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007627%20600007879&IsNodeId=1&name=LGA%20775

From this list, pick the one that has the most desirable features, best performance, best price, and best service, with respect to the area where you live. (possible warranty issues). Please read plenty of user reviews too.

When I was in your situation, I created an MS Excel spreadsheet and filled in the details for easy, quick comparison. Made my decision process easier. I even called Customer Service of some of the companies I had selected, in order to evaluate their response. EVGA, Corsair, and Linksys (wireless PCI card) came out on top.

I had decided on the i7 CPU, so I looked only at LGA 1366 motherboards. My system configuration is in my profile under "More Information"

Good luck on your product selection and have fun doing it!

D

Deleted member 217926

LGA 775 is a bit outdated now and good boards are hard to find.
Look for P45 chipset boards from Gigabyte or Asus for the best especially if you want to overclock.
These can be hard to find because as I said earlier LGA 775 is a dead or obsolete socket. Kind of sucks that good boards are so hard to find now because even though it is a "dead" socket it is still on par with top of the line AMD offerings and still a pretty decent system especially with a Q9550.
If you do NOT have any parts yet then DO NOT build LGA 775. You can do so much better.

Solution

ryder57

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
;) anprt3 my apoligies for not responding sooner, thanks for your input ,much appreciated[qu.otemsg=1961537,4,394191]LGA 775 is a bit outdated now and good boards are hard to find.
If you do NOT have any parts yet then DO NOT build LGA 775. You can do so much better.[/quotemsg]

Agree. If you have no parts, you can do better.

If you do have the CPU, I think the Gigabyte P45 boards are easier to overclock than the Asus boards. I have to admit that I am kind of biased. Between Texas and Saudi Arabia, I have 5 of them.

ryder57

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
:) I have pretty much have everthing but the board, luckly,I am using all the parts now.I think its time to move up to a x58 board ,just need a cpu have everthing else. Thanks for the input much apprecieated.

Status
Not open for further replies.