PCX to some other format

Last response: in Digital Camera
December 11, 2004 12:54:24 AM

I have a number of cartoon graphics in the PCX format that I used to be able
to view on my WORD program for possible insertion in a text. All those
zeros and ones apparently collided and now I cannot view those PCX cartoons
without actually inserting them in some program. Does someone know how I
can convert those to some viewable format? (Or fix the problem in some
other way?) Thanks. (This may not be a digital camera question but you
guys have the answers to this kind of question.) I apologize for possibly
being in the wrong newsgroup for this question and will take my licks.

More about : pcx format

Anonymous
December 11, 2004 6:16:35 AM

Ed Mullikin wrote:

> I have a number of cartoon graphics in the PCX format that I used to be able
> to view on my WORD program for possible insertion in a text. All those
> zeros and ones apparently collided and now I cannot view those PCX cartoons
> without actually inserting them in some program. Does someone know how I
> can convert those to some viewable format? (Or fix the problem in some
> other way?) Thanks. (This may not be a digital camera question but you
> guys have the answers to this kind of question.) I apologize for possibly
> being in the wrong newsgroup for this question and will take my licks.

Hi...

Whack! Whack! :)

Now, with that out of the way, you can get a
trial copy of a pcx > almost anything converter here:

http://www.gold-software.com/abc.shtml

Take care.

Ken
Anonymous
December 11, 2004 11:53:16 AM

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 21:54:24 -0500, in rec.photo.digital "Ed Mullikin"
<edmull2@cox.net> wrote:

>I have a number of cartoon graphics in the PCX format that I used to be able
>to view on my WORD program for possible insertion in a text. All those
>zeros and ones apparently collided and now I cannot view those PCX cartoons
>without actually inserting them in some program. Does someone know how I
>can convert those to some viewable format? (Or fix the problem in some
>other way?) Thanks. (This may not be a digital camera question but you
>guys have the answers to this kind of question.) I apologize for possibly
>being in the wrong newsgroup for this question and will take my licks.

Irfanview will allow you to view and or convert. One of the best free utils
around.
http://www.irfanview.com

http://EdwardGRuf.com
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
December 12, 2004 1:37:55 AM

First:
Get IrfanView.
http://www.irfanview.com

Second:
It sounds like the Word Import Filter for PCX is somehow damaged or
missing. Get out your MS Office disk(s), and reload all of your import
filters.

"Ed Mullikin" <edmull2@cox.net> wrote in message
> I have a number of cartoon graphics in the PCX format that I used to be
able
> to view on my WORD program for possible insertion in a text. All those
> zeros and ones apparently collided and now I cannot view those PCX
cartoons
> without actually inserting them in some program. Does someone know how I
> can convert those to some viewable format? (Or fix the problem in some
> other way?) Thanks. (This may not be a digital camera question but you
> guys have the answers to this kind of question.) I apologize for
possibly
> being in the wrong newsgroup for this question and will take my licks.

Anonymous
December 12, 2004 1:44:35 AM

"Ed Mullikin" <edmull2@cox.net> wrote in message news:Bjtud.3328$jn.210@lakeread06...
>I have a number of cartoon graphics in the PCX format that I used to be able
> to view on my WORD program for possible insertion in a text. All those
> zeros and ones apparently collided and now I cannot view those PCX cartoons
> without actually inserting them in some program. Does someone know how I
> can convert those to some viewable format? (Or fix the problem in some
> other way?) Thanks. (This may not be a digital camera question but you
> guys have the answers to this kind of question.) I apologize for possibly
> being in the wrong newsgroup for this question and will take my licks.

Word is far from being the best program for viewing images, including
PCX images. I agree with others that Irfanview - a free program, is
far superior.

You may be able to view them in Irfanview and then use clipboard
cut and paste to put them into Word documents.

Alan
December 12, 2004 9:36:21 AM

This sound like a problem with WORD. Converting the file format is not
necessarily a solution.

Why not try the MS NG site:

news.microsoft.com

and find the relative group about MS WORD and ask your question?

This Usenet site is run by MS (but not necessarily monitored) and deals with
all issues relating to MS software.

In fact if you want to contact MS about any software they sell using this
Usenet - forget it! They're not listening.

Ross

"Ed Mullikin" <edmull2@cox.net> wrote in message
>I have a number of cartoon graphics in the PCX format that I used to be
>able
> to view on my WORD program for possible insertion in a text. All those
> zeros and ones apparently collided and now I cannot view those PCX
> cartoons
> without actually inserting them in some program. Does someone know how I
> can convert those to some viewable format? (Or fix the problem in some
> other way?) Thanks. (This may not be a digital camera question but you
> guys have the answers to this kind of question.) I apologize for possibly
> being in the wrong newsgroup for this question and will take my licks.

Anonymous
December 12, 2004 9:36:22 AM

Ross wrote:

> This sound like a problem with WORD. Converting the file format is not
> necessarily a solution.

Thumbs plus, paint shop pro both handle most formats,
including pcx files.

!