Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Help with quad core CPU plz!!!

Last response: in CPUs
a b à CPUs
July 23, 2010 7:38:08 PM

sup guys, since some days ago i was researching to update my CPU to a quad core, right now i have a core 2 duo e7400 1066 fsb, 45nm wolfdale CPU.
I've seen that my bobo supports 1333 FSB cpus, 45nm just as quad cores, but i dont know.

this is my Mobo: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01...

plz tell me if there is any othe limitation i should consider, Thx!!!!

More about : quad core cpu plz

a b à CPUs
July 23, 2010 7:53:16 PM

It says that it only supports Wolfdale and Conroe CPUs, which are only dual core. Kentsfield and Yorkfield are the quad core variants of 65nm and 45nm, respectively, but that spec sheet doesn't explicitly say that they are compatible, so they most likely are not.

Also, seeing as how the CPUs listed are all 65w of power and below, I doubt it would be able to support the higher wattage required by a quad core CPU.
m
l
a c 131 à CPUs
July 23, 2010 8:00:55 PM

^+1
Save yourself some trouble and buy a new motherboard with your new quad core. The Athlon IIx4 2.9GHz are good or for more the Phenom IIx4. The core 2 quad will also be worth it, if you can find them at a decent price.
But before you do that, ask yourself, or us, if you need a quad core.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
July 23, 2010 9:30:50 PM

enzo matrix said:
^+1
Save yourself some trouble and buy a new motherboard with your new quad core. The Athlon IIx4 2.9GHz are good or for more the Phenom IIx4. The core 2 quad will also be worth it, if you can find them at a decent price.
But before you do that, ask yourself, or us, if you need a quad core.

well, while playing crysis or metro 2033, my CPU ussage stays between 60-78% usage, is that like if i need a new CPU??? i thought about upgrading because everybody says that for future games i will need a quad core and that my duo at 3.3 Ghz is bad, in a anandtech i saw that my cpu has better score than many quad cores, but i dont really know

Thx for response guys!!
m
l

Best solution

a c 131 à CPUs
July 24, 2010 12:23:50 AM

megagabobe1 said:
well, while playing crysis or metro 2033, my CPU ussage stays between 60-78% usage, is that like if i need a new CPU??? i thought about upgrading because everybody says that for future games i will need a quad core and that my duo at 3.3 Ghz is bad, in a anandtech i saw that my cpu has better score than many quad cores, but i dont really know

Thx for response guys!!

Alright. Crysis can't use more than 2 cores but I believe metro can. Personally, if you aren't adamant about a new quad now, I would wait. With CPUs, better deals are always right around the corner.
a b à CPUs
July 24, 2010 12:28:51 AM

enzo matrix said:
Alright. Crysis can't use more than 2 cores but I believe metro can. Personally, if you aren't adamant about a new quad now, I would wait. With CPUs, better deals are always right around the corner.

thx man!!!, i think i will wait until october or something like that, i dont really need a new CPU right now
m
l
a b à CPUs
July 24, 2010 12:28:59 AM

Best answer selected by megagabobe1.
m
l
!