Sign in with
Your question

Black Screen after rebooting Windows 7

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 17, 2010 9:02:09 PM

I have windows 7 ultimate on my computer. Everything was working fine earlier today and then some friends came over to visit, so i shutdown my computer for awhile and after going back to restart it, the screen goes black after the screen says starting windows, when the black screen pops up all i can see is the cursor, i've tried restarting several times but nothing happens, so i tried to reboot into safemode but i get the same black screen, after that i put my windows 7 install disc in to do a windows repair but it won't do windows repair because it said the version on the hard drive doesn't match the version on the disc. so i opened up command prompt in the recovery options menu and did chkdsk /f and a regular chkdsk and i got the same error, something about couldn't process 50 files because of an error. Does anyone have an idea of what is the cause of the problem....??
a c 1411 U Graphics card
a b $ Windows 7
April 17, 2010 9:11:19 PM

Have you installed a service pack?
m
l
April 18, 2010 3:07:29 AM

No, the last thing i did was install some updates for microsoft office 07 and today everything was normal up untill i shutdown my system for about 20 or so minuets and then went to turn it back on, after it got past the screen where it says starting windows, it went to a black screen and i all i could do was move the cursor
m
l
a c 1411 U Graphics card
a b $ Windows 7
April 18, 2010 3:22:00 AM

Can you get into safe mode?
m
l
Related resources
!