ender503

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
So I'm building my first gaming machine, and I just want to double check that I have all of the wiring done correctly. Im using an antec 902 case with an Antec EarthWatts 650 PSU and this mobo: MSI 870A-G54 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

My first question is in regards to the fans of the case. There are 4 fans, each with a 4-pin male and female side. When I'm connecting them to the PSU, can I attach all of the fans together, and then attach them as one unit to the PSU, or do I need to individually connect each one to the PSU?

My second question is about the wires coming from the PSU itself. There are three bundels of black and yellow wires, one of which is a 8 (6+2) bundle labeled PCI-E. Do I need to use the se wires, and if so, where are they supposed to go?

And last, are there any general words of advice or warnings with respect to the particular parts?

Thanks for the help!

You can daisy chain the case fans together, and then connect them to the PSU. The only downside to this, is you may have wires from the fans spiderwebbing through the whole case.

The PCIe cables plug into video cards that require them. Some video cards don't require them, some require one, and some require two. If your video card (if you have one) doesn't require that power, then you don't need them.

Just take normal caution not to drop or break anything. Touch the metal case before touching the hardware to avoid static shocks. Take your time, and make sure you get it right.

Good luck!

ender503

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
Ok, cool. My video card (the EVGA GTX 460) came with adapters for regular 4-pin plugins, the same as the cases fans. So I won't need any of those black and yellow wires?