iBSOD

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
I need to upgrade my 8600GT soon, prefeeably to something like a HD5770 or the nVidia equivalent.

My computer atm, only has a 300w PSU. Also, it is in a 'mATX' or 'Micro-ATX' case/mobo.

The PSU I have at the moment is a Liteon PS-5301.

Whall shall/can I upgrade to?

Thanks in advance!

OCZ makes good power supplies. I have a modxstream 600W myself. And no, it's not too small as it is standard atx and micro atx cases fit standard atx psus. :D

A bunch of us gave you an answer. If there is something else or a way you can be more specific such that we can help you better, please ask.

iBSOD

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
Oops, sorry Enzo.

I thought I edited my post before but I didn't :S

I was going to ask if the Thermaltake TR2 470W would be compatible with a HD5770?

Oh ok. It's not a matter of "compatibility" just a matter of enough power.
I don't trust the brand, but it should technically have enough power... if just barely.
Unfortunately, although their site tells us that they have 14A on a +12V rail and 15A on the second, they do not give us a total amperage or wattage rating for the +12V combined. And as I have come to learn, the total will vary by brand and is never as simple as (14+15)x12=
If you are on a budget, I would look at the OCZ modxstream 500W. They often have mail in rebates for reduced final cost.