Need a MICRO-ATX PSU!

I need to upgrade my 8600GT soon, prefeeably to something like a HD5770 or the nVidia equivalent.

My computer atm, only has a 300w PSU. Also, it is in a 'mATX' or 'Micro-ATX' case/mobo.

The PSU I have at the moment is a Liteon PS-5301.

Whall shall/can I upgrade to?

Thanks in advance!
11 answers Last reply
More about need micro
  1. That is an ATX PSU.
    You can upgrade to any PSU with 500W. Any more would be a waste.
    Corsair, antec earthwatts and OCZ are all good PSUs that are reliable.
  2. iBSOD said:

OCZ makes good power supplies. I have a modxstream 600W myself. And no, it's not too small as it is standard atx and micro atx cases fit standard atx psus. :D
  3. ocz 550w fatal1ty would suffice too!
  4. What case do you have?

Can it take a standard atx psu?

If you have an available 5 1/2 drive bay, you could keep your psu and use an auxiliary psu like thei:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817104054
  5. My case: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf-JAVA/Doc/images/c01736289.jpg

And that 5.25 PSU looks nice, but I need one that will work in the UK.
  6. Bumping. Correct me if I am breaking a rule.
  7. iBSOD said:
    Bumping

i do it to :)
  8. iBSOD said:
    Bumping. Correct me if I am breaking a rule.

A bunch of us gave you an answer. If there is something else or a way you can be more specific such that we can help you better, please ask.
  9. Oops, sorry Enzo.

I thought I edited my post before but I didn't :S

I was going to ask if the Thermaltake TR2 470W would be compatible with a HD5770?
  10. iBSOD said:
    I was going to ask if the Thermaltake TR2 470W would be compatible with a HD5770?

Oh ok. It's not a matter of "compatibility" just a matter of enough power.
    I don't trust the brand, but it should technically have enough power... if just barely.
    Unfortunately, although their site tells us that they have 14A on a +12V rail and 15A on the second, they do not give us a total amperage or wattage rating for the +12V combined. And as I have come to learn, the total will vary by brand and is never as simple as (14+15)x12=
    If you are on a budget, I would look at the OCZ modxstream 500W. They often have mail in rebates for reduced final cost.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies ATX Nvidia Components Product