Hard Disk keep restarting its read/write, but OS doesn't restart.

NZS92

Distinguished
May 3, 2011
Recently, my hard drive (WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0) keep restarting its loading processes every 3 to 5 mins, but the whole system doesn't restart, it runs fine, its just that every after 3 to 5 mins the hard disk stops loading stuff for like 10 seconds, then starts loading stuff again. (I'm not sure if its hard disk related or not but could be it.) Its annoying everytime my games keep freezes and then back to normal.

The way I tested this is playing a music in background, every 3 to 5 mins the music stops, the disk section in "process hacker" shows the "Disk loads" being disappeared and started again.

I'm currently running Windows 8, but I'm sure its not windows 8 problem because I have another computer that's running windows 8 with no problems.

Note: Ignore the defragging in the screenshot, its nothing to do with the current issue. There's nothing to do with Norton too, I'm having this issue before installing norton.

Any help will be appreciated. :)

captureglz.png

NZS92

Distinguished
May 3, 2011
I'm not sure about it, got my windows 8 a few months ago, there's no problem with the loads, but the loads started to happen a few days ago.