Which would be the bigger upgrade?

Turboneko

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
Hey guys a friend recommended this site as a good place to maybe help solve a dilemma.

I'm looking to increase some gaming performance in my pc but I'm not sure where the bottleneck is between my CPU and my video card.

The PC in question has an E2180 2.0 ghz dual core with 2GB of ram and a Radeon HD 4350 video card with a dinky 17" crt I picked up on the cheap from a friend.

I mostly just use this for gaming (TF2/WoW) so I don't need anything ground breaking but from everything I read about the 4350 is that its by no means a gaming card.

Basically what I'm looking for is a straight answer to "Is it worth it to get a new video card (such as a 5570 or a 9800GT)" or is the processor the culprit. My funds at the moment are limited so unfortunately I can't just buy one and then find out "oh well it was the other ill just upgrade that too".

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

There is no way that your CPU would be the issue. You GPU is holding you back.

In short though, get a 4670 or, if you can afford it, a 5670.

such as a 5570 or a 9800GT
It would be like repeating the mistake of getting the 4350 if you were to get a 5570.
The 9800GT is a good card. Basically an old 8800GT with a couple small tweaks.

Overclock the CPU if your board allows it and as for your GPU it is definitely worth upgrading dont get the 5570 its worthless for gaming. The 9800GT is a great older card I still have one in another computer and it can run games on high to max settings in everything.