wanzuk

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
Hey guys, I've read some similar threads and wanted to see if anyone knows the answer to my problem. I am currently using a D-Link DIR-615. I have 2 laptops and a 1 desktop that have internet access through my D-Link, but my xbox 360 can't seem get access to my network. The D-Link reads my xbox wich is attached with an ethernet cable, and I know nothings wrong with the enthernet cable. I use the same cable to connect to the modem, its the only way i can seem to get any access to anything on my xbox. I've gone back and forth on the phone with Microsoft and D-Link. Neither have been able to resolve my problem and both just tell me that its the other company i need to contact to fix the problem. It's all very frustrating! I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to computers and im not very knowledgable of IP addressess or anything. Any help or advice would be greatly appreaciated!

Did you open and forward the XBOX ports on your firewall?

You might find this link useful: http://portforward.com

The alternative is to either put the XBOX IP address in the DMZ of the router, or else enable UPnP (Universal Plug N Play) on the router.

I assume you probably have no idea what I'm talking about, but check your manual, I'm sure it's in there.

P.S. I reread your post, and to be precise, you only need to open/forward ports for XBOX Live (online access), so if it's a LOCAL access issue, then that sounds like a different problem.

wanzuk

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
I went to the D-Link home page and found a page that will let me open/forward ports. I'm not sure if i did this right but i found xbox live under application name, so i selected that. i typed in my IP adress, the TCD and UDP automatically filled themselves out. Have I done this correctly? lol Thanks for your time, and no i didnt really have any idea of what you were talking about :sweat: . I tried connecting to xbox live after this and there is still no connection. The troubleshoot told me to check the routers MAC and DHPC settings.

UPnP is enabled on the router and I found how to enable the DMZ, but i don't know the XBOX IP adress? Should it be the same as my computers IP adress?

TRENDING THREADS