Sign in with
Your question

Eee pc ip address cannot renew

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Anonymous
May 19, 2010 11:52:52 PM

Hello,
My internet connection says limited or no connectivity, and when I push repair and it says it can't because it can't renew the IP address. So I went to the cmd then ipconfig/release and renew thing and it said No opperation can be performed on Local Area Connection 2 while it has it's medea disconnected and with the renew par it also says an error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Network Connnection : The PRC server is unavailable.
I really don't know what to do and it's really frustrating.

More about : eee address renew

May 20, 2010 6:39:07 AM

Quote:
Hello,
My internet connection says limited or no connectivity, and when I push repair and it says it can't because it can't renew the IP address. So I went to the cmd then ipconfig/release and renew thing and it said No opperation can be performed on Local Area Connection 2 while it has it's medea disconnected and with the renew par it also says an error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Network Connnection : The PRC server is unavailable.
I really don't know what to do and it's really frustrating.

[#0005ff]Go back into Command and type netsh winsock reset catalog and see if that helps. It's a most odd error message to see in anything outside a domain -are you in one? If resetting the Winsock catalog doesn't help, go to Device Manager and click up the Wireless device and uninstall it. Restart the computer and let it reinstall itself, hopefully in a better frame of mind.[/#000ff]
m
l
August 3, 2011 11:06:59 PM

I see this is an older thread, but I am hoping you can offer me some assistance. I am having the same problem with my interenet connection. I spent hours on the phone with my ISP, I have tried all of the things suggested in this thread, with no success. Neither my LAN or wireless will connect. Both tell me unable to obtain an IP address. I had a virus last week that I had to work with my antivirus co to fix and restore my computer. Perhaps something is missing or uninstalled from the system? I am hoping you can help! ~ Angie

Saga Lout said:
[#0005ff]Go back into Command and type netsh winsock reset catalog and see if that helps. It's a most odd error message to see in anything outside a domain -are you in one? If resetting the Winsock catalog doesn't help, go to Device Manager and click up the Wireless device and uninstall it. Restart the computer and let it reinstall itself, hopefully in a better frame of mind.[/#000ff]

m
l
Related resources
August 3, 2011 11:33:10 PM

I did thatm, but no success, the device reinstalled but still same error message
m
l
August 4, 2011 4:29:58 AM

Did you recently replace the router with a different one and used the same SSID as before?

At work, whenever I replace a router and use the same SSID it never works and I get the same message when I try to renew the ip address.

Try renaming the SSID. When you go to reconnect, don't use the add new connection wizard thing, just click on the icon in the system tray for a list of the available wireless networks, find your new network and click connect. It should prompt you for the password.
m
l
August 4, 2011 4:32:31 PM

what happened was I had a virus, and worked with my antivirus to remove the virus and restore my computer. The computer won't even obtain an IP address through a LAN connection. I followed your instructions and it did ask for the password, but still was unable to obtain an IP address. Thanks for the suggestion, any other ideas?
m
l
August 4, 2011 6:07:10 PM

You could try ipconfig /renew from the Command Prompt if you haven't already done it a hundred times.

m
l
August 5, 2011 12:40:59 AM

Router may not have an internet connection.
1A. Have you tried hooking another computer to the router to make sure it has internet?
1B. Is the internet connectivity light lit up on the router?
1C. Is the ready (online) light on the modem lit up? The modem that the ISP provided.
1D. Is the link light on the modem lit up or flashing?

If not, unplug the modem and router.
Plug the modem in first and wait for the ready light to be solid.
Then plug the router back in and see if the link light on the modem is blinking.

Connection from computer to router might not be working.
2A. Does the light on the router light up? (for example: #3 which corresponds to the #3 port on the router)
2B. Does the light on the back of your computer light up where you plug the ethernet cable into?
2C. Can you ping the router?
2D. Can you ping the localhost?

Open up the device manager>network adapters>diasable then reenable the NIC.
Open up the command prompt and type "ipconfig /release" >enter then "ipconfig /renew" >enter
Ping yahoo.com to see if you have internet.
m
l
!