Sims 2 windows 7 directx 9.0c vs 11

Hello,
can't figure this out...am now downloading the redist, have already downloaded the runtime (didn't help)..tried copying and pasting directx from sims CD into my windows 32 folder...didn't help...next?
9 answers Last reply
More about sims windows directx
  1. What is a 'redist'? Please explain what you are trying to do.
  2. run the redist 9c,then it will work!
  3. WR2 said:
    What is a 'redist'? Please explain what you are trying to do.

the redistribution of directx, released Feb. 2010. Everytime I try to run the game, I get the incompatible directx adapter error. I have windows 7 32, with NVidia GeForce Ti420...I just recently upgraded to windows 7 from XP serv pack 2 (where all sims 2 and expansions ran fine). I can install games, but they won't run due to the incompatibility.

I'm supposed to have 3d and draw enabled, but can't as DX 11 doesn't allow changing in dx diag
  4. SR-71 Blackbird said:

I already did that, it didn't help. That's the end-user runtime web installer, which I already installed and ran...it didn't help.
  5. Maybe is because your card is too old? I'm only 18, so I'm "new" to the enthusiast thing... But a Geforce Ti420... First time I've heard that name.
  6. yes, it's older...but it worked fine on XP. It's compatible with Sims 2, but having windows 7 installed wiped out my directx 9.0c which is what is needed to play. I can't figure out if DX 11 is backwards compatible...I'm hoping this download of the redistribution which has taken almost 2 hours fixes it...time will tell..
  7. I've downloaded and extracted the DX Redistibution file to a file on my desktop...I don't know where I'm supposed to put these files permanently...can someone help?
  8. installed DX 2010 redistribution, didn't work...that was after I uninstalled sims 2 completely, rebooted, then reinstalled. it would be so much easier if Microsoft said no fix is available...I could live with that (maybe), but at least I could stop chasing my tail...the hardest part is that I've seen where this fix has worked for others...GRRRRRRRRRR
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Sims Windows 7 Directx Graphics