CPU for desktop ????

get2vijay

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2010
Hi All

want to own a desktop that i can use for Internet surfing and downloading,Music,HD Moovies and mid level gaming...

Pls suggest a good CPU and a mother board (with USB 3.0 ,HDMI and eSATA 6GB) that i can use atleast for next 5 years

Thanx in advance

Actually I would go with the Asrock Deluxe3 1156 version if you were to go with the 860, At your budget, i'd rather go with AMD because if the fact that you save nearly 130$ on the CPU, also. Don't go with the i7 860 as although it is cheaper, not anymore the 870 has dropped to the price of a 860 so... You'll get a better oc outta the 870. Lmeow is right though, because by going with that combo. Also by going with the AMD platform, if you intend to keep this for a while and upgrade there is room for it, since intel seems to be going towards the 1155 socket, the Sandy Bridge socket. Also, with the 955, you'll save money to buy a better VGA card. For HDD's the best budget HDD is a 1TB Samsung F3, it's faster than a WD Black so that's a plus, but also it runs 500gb platters instead of the Black's 334gb platter size also its cheaper by a bit. Next, for PSU's the XFX Black Edition 750watt is a good and cheap PSU, It is 80 plus silver rated so it matches the performance of the Corsair 750HX, and it's only 120$ which is 20$ cheaper than the HX. theres a 20$ rebate it's 100$ at newegg! http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207003&Tpk=750%20watt%20XFX

Case wise you could go with the Cooler Master Scout, HAF 922, Antec Illusion, or Antec 902. And for GPU the 5770 is good or the (as much as I'd hate to say it) 460GTX :( I would say the 5830, but i'm not sure about there performance vs each other yet. Anywho, I just gave suggestions, you don't have to follow these suggestions, but just to guide you. OH and a cpu cooler the Hyper 212+ is good for 50$. TOTAL if you got the CM Scout and 460GTX or 5830, it would set you at 825, Just a rough estimate BUT THATS PRETTY GOOD, because thats 225 less than your budget, and you'll be able too SLI/Crossfire depending on your choice of the card. :( II feeel like i wrote to much.