Bought i5 2500k w/o motherboard

Hello,

I bought a i5-2500k processor on 01/31/2011 on a deal from microcenter, and was planning on buying the rest of my parts shortly thereafter. Well, long story short, another case of horrible, horrible timing on my part.

So, I've been vacillating back and forth about whether or not to return the processor (and purchase a previous-generation i5), to wait out the recall or to purchase a defective lga 1155 mobo right now. Well, I'm leaning towards the latter right now, but I am unaware of any reputable sites that would sell me any such motherboards.

Does anyone know of any retailers (preferably in the US) that are still selling the LGA 1155 boards?

I am looking for a motherboard with at least four SATA 3 connectors, if possible. Thank you in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about bought 2500k motherboard
  1. All boards will be recalled, regardless of brand. I would decide if you can wait to finish your build. Don't buy any 1155 boards now; it would just be more headaches to return one eventually. Intel will change the 1155 chipset and issue a new one for all manufacturers. Then when the new boards are released, you can buy another one. If you don't want to wait, you can return the 2500 now and go with another cpu, such as the i7 950 or one of the phenoms.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Intel i5 Motherboards Processors